Sonobello Smart Lipo Upper Abdomen, Lower Abdomen, Hips - Sandy, UT

I gained almost 100 lbs after the birth of my last...

I gained almost 100 lbs after the birth of my last child (up to 232), I was exercising to lose weight, but my mid section remained looking as though I hadn't delivered him. I looked into plastic & cosmetic surgery for almost a decade, & finally decided that Sonobello had the best upgraded technology & reputation, so I had my first procedure done.

From my first call everyone was helpful, friendly, took all my calls with all my questions (& repeated questions to be sure of things) without hesitation. Amy Curtis is a wonderful addition to the Sonobello experience. She was who I had at my first consultation with, & she answered all my questions & was honest with me about what areas she would recommend getting done & what areas she would NOT recommend getting done, meaning it wasn't just about making more money off of a willing client, but what was best for me, healthiest, & the best outcome. The nurses & staff were all wonderful. Amy & them, responded to my calls quickly always eager to discuss things with me. I've known many women who have had other procedures from other offices over the years, & I was expecting judgment & side glances from picture perfect staff, but not once did anything like this happen. Quite the opposite. Full support. I was also figuring that scheduling any procedure would take 2-3 months to get in, but they told me from the beginning that they can easily fit us in within 2-3 weeks(if not sooner), & that is exactly how fast I was able to schedule once my financing came through.

I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Dr. Avila from the Utah Sonobello to anyone considering any of these procedures. Keep in mind that my procedure was the most risky & the largest area, & it's been a good experience. I have already scheduled another procedure with him & I'm excited.

*** That is another plus. I thought that it was medically unsafe to schedule any surgical procedures within months of each other let alone weeks, & this is not the case. Not only because you are not under anesthesia, but I spoke to another doctor who worked in a trauma unit & he said he has seen people come in getting their ribs cracked open for heart surgeries, one right after the other, day after day to save their lives in extreme circumstances, & seen them walk out 30 days later. Just ONE example. This kind of surgery is not the same so yes, as long as you are in reasonable health, then you can schedule procedures as you can afford them, weeks in between & heal & be just fine.

It's been 2 weeks since my procedure on my upper & lower abdomen, & my hips, & I am amazed at how little discomfort I've had. Yes there is some pain & discomfort, to be expected, but the level of it I've had since day one through now, has pleasantly surprised me. Right when I think I might call them the next day, I wake up to a follow up email from Sonobello & Dr. Avila answering exactly what was on my mind lol. I was worried about the size my stomach swelled up to, the hardening, lumps & bumps & if/when they would go away, & everything was addressed right on time, among other things. I was off all pain medication by day 3, & even tried to walk slow on my treadmill by day 5. They suggest that you wear your post op garment straight for the first 48-72 hours & after that you can take it off for up to 12 hours a day, but I tried it to sleep a little more comfortable & found that it was MUCH more comfortable to just keep it on at all times. Now that I am 2 weeks out, I take it off for a few hours at a time & work my lotion into my areas to help the scar tissue bumps & liquid from the surgery start to heal faster. (I use skin tightening Nivea Q-10 just for extra help if you are curious, I use it everywhere including my face.)

I was relieved to know that I would not be put under general anesthesia, but localized lidocaine for areas, demerol for pain, zanax for any accompanied anxiety, & phenegren for any nausea attributed to pain medication.

I was able to respond the entire surgery. I was even given more medication because of my tolerance to them from having a previous injury, & not only was I able to still respond the entire time (going in & out of a type of rest in between talking to them), but Dr. Avila & I were singing, & had a competition on who could name the 80's song, band, etc. He whooped me 3 songs to every 1 I got BUT it was his I pod, so next procedure we are playing music off the internet so it's an equal match ;).

Week 4 of Sono Bello Abdominal Lipo...

Well, the itching has gone away. It lasted for approx. 5 days during week 3 & was a bit more uncomfortable than any other time, but tolerable, & STILL WORTH IT! I actually had my chin & neck done 2 days ago, same doctor (Dr. Avila) & will be posting about that as well soon. This was a much easier procedure & I'm healing even faster. As for going into the 4th week for the original abdominal procedure, almost all of the swelling is gone, it's all flexible but there is still a ways to go to see the final results but it can easily be hidden with a "mommy onesie" for a while until the skin begins to tighten.
Dr. Avila

I wrote about Dr. Avila above before I saw this section. He is kind, gentle, & was so funny in surgery singing along with me to old 80's tunes. I could hear how he talked to his nurses & he is kind to them as well & could tell his concern was always about me, the patient. I am a loyal patient now.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us.

How are you doing now it's been another week since your procedure? Are you seeing any results coming through yet?

Please do keep us updated with your progress.

Hi Kirsty. Yes, my stomach is pretty flat when I am laying on my back, with the exception of about 3 inches of swelling still there. I have noticed that I am in more pain going into week 3, & after talking with the nurse, the itching & burning is from the nerves connecting again & the lidocaine wearing off. I can feel lumps & bumps (also normal), but it's all movable again instead of stiff like being full term pregnant. The abdominal areas are the largest & most risky, so the healing time is also much longer. It will take 3- 6 months to see the ultimate results, but I will be taking pictures along the way, to see if my results are faster, slower, or right on target. Also to see how much of the lumps & bumps smooth out. It's rare, but I do know that sometimes after 6 months has past & there are any bits that are lumpy, Dr. Avila will smooth them out, etc. Also keep in mind that my abdominal wall is blown out (this happens sometimes in pregnancy or bellydancing which I've done both), so even though the surgery will most likely be a success, my stomach still might stick out (not fat), until I get a tummy tuck to have the muscles sutured back to their original place. Hope that helps.

Thanks for that extra info, that's really helpful. I'm glad you're happy with your results so far and hopefully they'll continue to improve with time and healing!

Are you planning on having a Tummy Tuck soon, or is that something for the future?

It's recommended that you don't get a tummy tuck until the entire process of healing (6 months) is finished, but yes I plan on having one in 6 months because of how much skin will be hanging & loose once the healing is done & also as I mentioned my abdominal wall needs to be tightened. ;)

You're just going to look like a new woman! ;-) Well, I hope your healing is speedy and smooth!

Do keep us updated with your progress.