So Far, So Good - Sandusky, OH

Last October, I had Lasik done. I will be 28 this...

Last October, I had Lasik done. I will be 28 this month, and have had glasses since I was 10. I started wearing contacts when I was about 13. I had astigmatism in each eye and was blind as a bat without corrective lenses. I wanted my eyes fixed for years, but didn't know alot about Lasik, although about 3 years ago, my eye doctor said I was a good candidate for it. Last spring, I got online to get pricing from a local eye care center. As I was looking at the prices, there was a "click here for a chance to win free lasik". I clicked on it, and entered my name thinking that I would never win, but it was worth a shot. They do quarterly drawings, so 4 a year. Could I be so lucky to win? A few months passed and I forgot all about it, until I go a call from them that I won! I was in tears by the time I got off the phone- tears of joy mind you. I felt like I had just won the lottery. I had to go in for a first appointment to make sure I was a good candidare for them, and then a second to do a bunch of tests and the third time was the actual procedure. That was October 10, 2011. When I went back the next day for my check up I was seeing 20/15. Now, six months later, I still see crystal clear. I know that it isnt uncommon for eyes to regress some, but so far so good. I also still see starbursts on lights at night, like from cars headlights and street lamps, but I don't drive much at night so its not a big deal. I don't go back for another check-up until June. It was truly a life changing experience, and I am just now use to not taking contacts out or putting them in. I still can't believe I won such a generous gift. I told my husband I will never say I haven't won anything ever again.

Went back for my check up June 5th, and I'm still...

Went back for my check up June 5th, and I'm still 20/15. Doc says everything looks great, the flaps that they make healed great and now I only have to go in for a check up once a year. Hopefully my vision stays this good.
Dr. Kenneth Parschauer

Dr. Kenneth Parschauer was really good at calming my nerves. He took time to answer all of my questions, and overall had great bedside manner. He put my mind at ease, and during the procedure, he talked to me to keep my mind off of what he was doing to my eyes.

What a great update to hear!! That would be great if it stayed at 20/15!

Oh my gosh - that is so awesome that you won it!!! Even more awesome that you had such a good outcome. Love reading stories like this!

Please keep us posted how your vision is, as it is really helpful for people to be able to read about peoples experience long term. :)