Found the Fountain of Youth! Thank You Dr. Koelliker, San Miguel De Allende, Mexico

I was feeling young, I was fit and active but my...

I was feeling young, I was fit and active but my face was starting to show its age. I am 54 and simply not ready to be an old woman. I did my research and chose Dr Koelliker one because of the great reviews and the visual results I had seen and secondly because he does the procedure in a hospital with a full staff and you stay there for three days. After my surgery and while still in the hospital Dr Koelliker checked in on me at least 3 to 4 times as day - - very comforting to have him checking in on you. Upon release from the hospital you are taken by a private driver to your after-surgery recovery center, Casa Marino Spa located in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. It kind and very professional staff took care of my every need. All I had to do was relax, enjoy the spa, occasionally ice and enjoy their fine meals. And to my surprise Dr's in Mexico make house calls! Dr. Koelliker came to the Spa to check in on my progress a couple of days after leaving the hospital and to remove my eye sutures. About a week later he was back to again check on my progress and remove the remaining sutures. I am thrilled with the results of my facelift - - my new lease on life, and have Dr Koelliker, his surgical team and the recovery center and their professional staff to thank for giving my youth back. Thank you to each and every one of you!

Pre-surgery

Pre surgery Jan 12, 2013

taken at the hospital Gaudelupano the night before the surgery

4 months post surgery

4 months post surgery

One Month Post Surgery

More pre-surgery photos

1.5 years post surgery

In this photo I had just finished a yoga class so other than a little bit of mascara I am not wearing any make-up. 54 this year and looking and feeling younger every day.

Was Mexico a scary decision? Was San Miguel de Allende dangerous?

No and no. Mexico was an easy decision for me as I have lived in the country for going on eight years now. San Miguel was the first place in Mexico that I lived and I imagine that is why I am so in love with this country. I live at the beach now and did at the time I had the surgery. Because I live in Mexico I know that the stories presented in the news are grossly inflated to scare American's into staying home and spending their money there.

Is there crime yes. The drugs thing is between the drug people - - if you are not a drug dealer or seller you are of no interest to them. Normal petty crime is there but in small doses. As for the medical services (a two tiered system - the public is provided free to the poor, and then the private clinics and hospitals are for those with insurance or paying for their services) the price for the private system is a fraction and the procedures and treatment is to international standard. The doctors are talented, and the care is friendly and compassionate. The Doctors' know your name, they come to visit on their regular rounds, plus, plus. Dr. Keolliker visited me 4-5 times per day. When I arrived for my surgery I toured the hospital doing the meet and greet thing, I was curious and had the same thoughts in my head as you do so wanted to see for myself (I do not speak spanish but between the few words I have and the few words they have plus some gesturing, you know pointing like a child :) visiting the different departments including the kitchen of which I was invited into the back. There I met the head chief, reviewed their menu (yes, it's a menu) and I ordered my meals in advance. I requested pineapple of which they do not stock so he said he would make a special trip to the market to get me some pineapple for me. To his word, he made sure I had pineapple with my breakfast each morning (served on china with lace linens). Much to my surprise he came to visit me the day after my surgery...sweet, kind man. I tell you this in an effort to describe how friendly and willing they are to please.

One of the things that is different in Mexico that you may find a little challenging if you travel by yourself is that in the Mexican culture a family member stays at the hospital with the patient. The hospital rooms have beds in them for the family member to stay over night and traditionally the family members are the ones that adjust pillows, adjust bed positions and angles, they go to get the water, ice, request med's, etc. If you are alone be sure to ask that they plug in the hand buzzer (they have them but with family there they do not use them), position the phone and the electronic bed adjuster so that you can reach it. They customarily set these items in places for the family member to reach, not you.

It's a heartwarming environment as they do their best both in the hospital and at the recovery center to make you feel like you have family there with you. From start to finish it was a professional, pleasant, peaceful, comforting and relaxing experience. And my surgery, well you be the judge :) With a sigh of relief, I am happy to say that I am thrilled with my results.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Rating Dr Koelliker is a pleasure. #1, he is a highly skilled and talented cosmetic surgeon. He surrounds himself with a highly professional and also talented team. He is a kind man. He is very honest about what he will do (no Holywood over done stuff) and what he will not do - - for instance I asked for and he declined to do dermabraision on my upper and lower lips ( I lived at the beach and had a tan - he was worried that the skin pigment would come in pinkish and not my olive colouring. .... and the bonus, he has such a pleasant, comforting demeanor.