Found the Fountain of Youth! Thank You Dr. Koelliker, San Miguel De Allende, Mexico

I was feeling young, I was fit and active but my...

I was feeling young, I was fit and active but my face was starting to show its age. I am 54 and simply not ready to be an old woman. I did my research and chose Dr Koelliker one because of the great reviews and the visual results I had seen and secondly because he does the procedure in a hospital with a full staff and you stay there for three days. After my surgery and while still in the hospital Dr Koelliker checked in on me at least 3 to 4 times as day - - very comforting to have him checking in on you. Upon release from the hospital you are taken by a private driver to your after-surgery recovery center, Casa Marino Spa located in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. It kind and very professional staff took care of my every need. All I had to do was relax, enjoy the spa, occasionally ice and enjoy their fine meals. And to my surprise Dr's in Mexico make house calls! Dr. Koelliker came to the Spa to check in on my progress a couple of days after leaving the hospital and to remove my eye sutures. About a week later he was back to again check on my progress and remove the remaining sutures. I am thrilled with the results of my facelift - - my new lease on life, and have Dr Koelliker, his surgical team and the recovery center and their professional staff to thank for giving my youth back. Thank you to each and every one of you!

Pre-surgery

Pre surgery Jan 12, 2013

taken at the hospital Gaudelupano the night before the surgery

4 months post surgery

4 months post surgery

One Month Post Surgery

More pre-surgery photos

One Month Post Surgery

One Month Post Surgery .... for some reason if the link does not open please feel free to copy and paste the link to view it ..... sorry for the trouble.

1.5 years post surgery

In this photo I had just finished a yoga class so other than a little bit of mascara I am not wearing any make-up. 54 this year and looking and feeling younger every day.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Rating Dr Koelliker is a pleasure. #1, he is a highly skilled and talented cosmetic surgeon. He surrounds himself with a highly professional and also talented team. He is a kind man. He is very honest about what he will do (no Holywood over done stuff) and what he will not do - - for instance I asked for and he declined to do dermabraision on my upper and lower lips ( I lived at the beach and had a tan - he was worried that the skin pigment would come in pinkish and not my olive colouring. .... and the bonus, he has such a pleasant, comforting demeanor.

I am now 63. I had a facelift through 'faceliftmexico' when I was 57,and it was the best thing that I ever did for myself. People sort of gasp when I tell them my real age. I want to go back for a touch up.
You are such a cutie! I love your results! :D
You look very vivacious & happy :-)
He does nice work Shazza and GB 50 does look very pretty and youthful However living in San Miguel I know what's available and it is pricey for many. My implant removal came with three days of wonderful aftercare in a beautiful facility, chauffeur driven, the works! That's standard procedure here in San Miguel because translated to Mexican pesos the doctors are actually charging a lot of money! Everything costs more in Europe and New Zealand. I am from the UK originally but our US dollar doesn't go far anymore
I hit the key accidentally anyway yes, my aftercare was superb. I had a two bedroom suite, (within the surgery center facility) with a menu, television, wifi. My surgeon visited every three to four hours to check on me. A week later, he came to my house to remove the stitches. All very personal and that's how palastic surgery patients are treated here in general. It's all part of the fee. I didn't have to stay in a facility and pay an extra $1800 as part of the deal. That's a lot of money!!
Sounds wonderful - I did my FL in Malaysia with a surgery company & they were wonderful & half the price of here :-)
After watching the video - I daresay because they provide full after care meals, nursing staff included...did she say $1800 for 2 weeks? That being the case probably a good deal, I am from NZ so know you will pay $750 a night here for that type of service.
I have .heard good things about this doctor. However i have also heard that you may not see the doctor unless you stay at heir own designated place for a week at an additional cost of $2000. When you can stay in San Miguel for $300 a week why would they make staying at their facility a contingency? Turnoff!!
Super glad I stayed. It's the around the clock care (if need be), you just had major surgery and you are a little fuzzy and not thinking all that straight. The professional staff make sure you take your med's, they are there to ask questions, you are fed, pampered and watched over. I watched one lady (also just had surgery) and all she wanted to do was lay down on her side and sleep. Well, the staff would not allow it - firstly, if she's sleeping all the time she can't be doing her icing; secondly and more importantly, sleeping on your side can tear you stitches open, and even worse, blood can pool and cause a hematoma (sorry, don't know how to spell) hematomas can lead to all sorts of problems - - and land you back in surgery, etc..... I learned this as I also kept and eye on her - - it's kind of like team work. There is no way that I would have done it any other way. They guided me the entire time - - I did not have to think about or do anything other than take care of me. You are brave to go it on your own. My first experience with a facelift was with a girlfriend of mine. She did it the way you are considering. She had the surgery then stayed with me. Now knowing what I know i feel horrible about what I did not do for her or help her with. She did have a problem (minor) but had no one but me to tell. If she had been at a recovery retreat she would have had someone to tell and would have had a solution and comfort all most immediately. My recommendation is go with the recovery retreat - - in my opinion it is just as important as the surgery itself. All I can say is I am happy with my decision/s and results -- wish the same for you.
In that case for $2000 more plus airfare it brings the total cost to about $10,000. You can have it done in the US for that cost and you have a recourse should anything go wrong. I had a mini FL in 2010 i n Rancho Mirage cost me $3500 with a well reputed PS. Of course i didn't do my eyes they didn't need it but still.. if i had wanted a full necklift (which really is a good lower facelift..it would have cost me $6500.... One should at least have the option of staying where one chooses. Just sayin'
Look great!
Thank you - - feel great!
I'm checking out your video now. You look amazing. Sitting here post day one I am trying to cheer myself by looking at all the beautiful results. Yours is one of the best I have seen. Congrats!
May 28th? You are one month post op? How are you lovin' your new you?!?!?!??
Hello Goodby 50. I like my results but worry that I should have had a full face lift. I think if I had a do over I would skip the fat transfer and go with laser to address wrinkles. I'm still swollen so time will tell. I never looked into Mexico but have seen wonderful results.
The video is terrific! Your refreshed, beautiful look really suits your upbeat personality! :)
Thank you :) you are far too kind. Personally I think I look better now than I did in the video and I'm one year and six months post op.
just saying ..... :)
So pleased you are happy - many of us are on our way :-)
You Look amazing, Congrats!!!!
going to have to post a one and a half year photo - - loving how I look and feel!
This is my first choice but unable to travel right now so I will be using a doctor here in Walnut Creek, CA. I can only pray he will be as good as Dr. K.
He is a fabulous surgeon - - however He is not the only great surgeon - - ask the right questions and when it feels right go for it!
Fabulous results -- thank you for sharing!
thank you ..... PS..... love the shoe!