Optimistic About Results - San Luis Obispo, CA

I've always had pinkness to my nose and...

I've always had pinkness to my nose and cheeks, but a few years ago it suddenly got out of control and turned into a persistent redness with dark flushing. I did a course of Accutane to control acne, and then waited a year to get V-Beam treatments. The first 2 treatments were non-purpuric (no bruising), and I did not notice any results at all. I did some more research, and went to another doctor in my city (Dr. Herten) He was very friendly and motivated. I've had a total of 3 purpuric treatments. The last treatment I had was 2 days ago, and I took a niacin tablet and opted out of using numbing cream. I'm currently super bruised up, but I'm crossing my fingers for results! I'll follow up with another picture after my bruises heal.

San Luis Obispo Dermatologic Surgeon

Very friendly, well rounded doctor that has experience treating Roscea with PDL.

I just had my treatment yesterday. It is very uncomfortable! My doc didn't offer numbing cream (wish he did). I put ice packs on throughout the entire evening which helped the stinging feeling. No bruising as of yet but I did wake up this morning looking like I have inflated balloons in my cheeks! I stayed home from work today since I work with the public. I'm now putting ice on cheeks to hopefully reduce swelling. I have a few small blistered areas but that's normal. Good luck to everyone.
I'm considering it for Rosacea on my nose, cheeks, and chin. Is it typical to bruise like that. My dermo said nothing about that.
I just had it done and I have high pain tolerance but it was pretty uncomfortable

hope things turn out well. please update us how you're doing!

The treatment itself isn't all that painful, even without the numbing cream. There are certain places on the face that hurt more than others... but the treatment is completely bearable. After the treatment, you'll feel sunburned... but with some topical aloe vera gel - it takes the pain right away.

Glad to hear its not as painful as it looks!! Let us know how things are looking as you continue to heal up. :)

Oh my, that looks very painful! Please keep us posted on your progress. I hope this turns out well for you.

Thank you so much for posting a photo. That looks like it would hurt pretty bad, how are you feeling right now?

My fingers are crossed with you in hopes for good results!!