Optimistic About Results - San Luis Obispo, CA

I've always had pinkness to my nose and...

I've always had pinkness to my nose and cheeks, but a few years ago it suddenly got out of control and turned into a persistent redness with dark flushing. I did a course of Accutane to control acne, and then waited a year to get V-Beam treatments. The first 2 treatments were non-purpuric (no bruising), and I did not notice any results at all. I did some more research, and went to another doctor in my city (Dr. Herten) He was very friendly and motivated. I've had a total of 3 purpuric treatments. The last treatment I had was 2 days ago, and I took a niacin tablet and opted out of using numbing cream. I'm currently super bruised up, but I'm crossing my fingers for results! I'll follow up with another picture after my bruises heal.

I have had this done too and loved my results. I had purple bruising right smack in the center of my face and thought it would never go away. It was gone in 5-7 days and all of my broken capillaries around my nose and cheeks were gone. Give this some time and I hope you love your results too.
That is how I look right now. I am addicted to V Beam for broken capillaries. This last treatment even dried out a breakout I had. I have bruising too. Let us know when the bruising is gone and if anything helps the bruises.
I just had my treatment yesterday. It is very uncomfortable! My doc didn't offer numbing cream (wish he did). I put ice packs on throughout the entire evening which helped the stinging feeling. No bruising as of yet but I did wake up this morning looking like I have inflated balloons in my cheeks! I stayed home from work today since I work with the public. I'm now putting ice on cheeks to hopefully reduce swelling. I have a few small blistered areas but that's normal. Good luck to everyone.
San Luis Obispo Dermatologic Surgeon

Very friendly, well rounded doctor that has experience treating Roscea with PDL.