BBL with Dr. Hegg - San Leandro, CA

Finally did the procedure. I'm 2 days post op and...

Finally did the procedure. I'm 2 days post op and recovery has been tough. Everyone is different, but let me tell you that for me, this was a major procedure and not one to be taken lightly. I am still nauseous from anesthesia and extremely sore/tender. Will definitely post before/ after photos and do a full review. One thing for sure, I can't say enough good things about Dr. Hegg. He's not your average surgeon. Not only are his credentials top notch, he is genuinely kind and patient. I haven't taken off my garment yet but I can already see the hourglass shape. Tonight will be my first shower so I'll see it all then.

Day 20 I'm still very tight and tender Around...

Day 20
I'm still very tight and tender Around waist and tummy area where dr. Hegg lipo'd. He was aggressive just as I asked him to, so I imagine this tightness will linger for awhile. I've been giving myself light massages over the hard lumps but not sure how much that is helping. I sized down on my garment, which is a good sign that the swelling is going down. My waist is going down too, which is very exciting. My only complaint right now is the swelling around the pubic area! Can't wait for that part to go down. Dr. Hegg mentioned I had a lot of fat there. I started sitting on my butt on day 17 but have been very careful not to sit for too long. There are still hard spots on both cheeks but they seem to get softer and more natural feeling each day. I am lagging on photos. Having three kids, it's so hard to find free time.
San Leandro Plastic Surgeon

I found Dr. Hegg through realself.com, thanks to those that shared their experience!

Pics please :)
When you made an appt for consult, did they give you one or were you put on a waiting list? How are you feeling?
Hello hun.. Thanks for the review.. Can you post pics please?
How are you doin? Plz update :)
Congrats on your surgery. I had my sx with Dr Hegg and I am 4 days PO. the recover has been difficult but definately doable. i didn't have much nausea but I have been dealing with a low grade fever off and on for the past 2 days. hope you have a speedy recovery.
Congrats to you too! I hope your fever goes away soon. Recovery is tough enough on its own, let alone being sick on top of that!
Hi Tialynn, hope you are doing well :) I am so interested in seeing your results. Please please post pics. I will be getting my BBL with Hegg in Nov. I am worried though that he is too conservative. How did he sculpt the rest of your body. Thanks!!!
I'm pretty happy with the way he sculpted my waist. He added some fat to my hips which improved my overall shape. Now I have some curves! It's not drastic, but I was a pencil before so I'm very happy. I'll post pics tomorrow. I'm so sorry for the delay!
Glad to here that! Was a little worried about u. glad ur okay!
I'm sooo glad to hear you are okay and feeling better. Can't wait to see your pics tomorrow. Take care
Hey Tialynn, how are you doing? Are you still satisfied with your result? How much volume have you lost? I know it is hard to find time when you have kids but please update if you can
Speedy recovery. I had a consult with him and i am really considering. i have one more to go to near me in CO tomorrow and hopefully i have done enough research. Please post pics ASAP. For some reason not many people post pics for him.
I should have included in my summary, I'm very petite and went into surgery at 117 pounds. My gol was to achieve a subtle enhancement and sculpting and not a "shelf" booty that most want. I do plan on posting pics, but wanted to give a heads up that my before and after isn't going to be dramatic. Despite that, I still want to share my journey because the surgery is the same big or small, and of course for those petite ladies out there looking for the same result.
Feel better soon. Would love to see your before/after photos. How many cc of fat did you have injected in each cheek? I think we have similar built. I am also petite - 5' tall and 100 lbs. I am scheduled with Dr. Hegg in Nov but afraid I might not have enough fat for a good result.
I promise photos will be up as soon as I feel human again. I'm a little concerned that I'm still nauseous as its been a week since the surgery. I think it might be that my garment is too small. I ordered a bigger size via overnight shipping yesterday so I'm just waiting for that to arrive. Have you had your consultation with Dr. Hegg? You might be OK if you just want a slight enhancement of volume like me. He put 500 cc's in each cheek. Right now I do feel too big, which is a good thing because it will go down. He was afraid I'd be disappointed, but so far I'm very happy with the result. My shape has definitely improved which was a big thing for me. Going into surgery at 117 pounds, I was realistic about how the amount of cc's. 500 was the exact number I had in mind.
Thanks. Look forward to seeing your beautiful result soon. Take care. Hope the new garment will bring your some relief
How are you feeling? Hope your recovery is going well
Thank you thank you!!
Yes recovery is tough. I am a little over a week postop and feel like crap
Such a great review so far. Thanks for letting us know. I hope you have a speedy recovery!
Congrats on ur new booty Hun. Take it easy and pls can u upload pics. Take your time and I hope u heel well and welcome to RS ;)
Thanks. Today was another day of sleep. I think I'm slower than average in healing because I'm still nauseous!! My bruising is horrific and hard to look at. I'm still staying in a hotel within the area but will beer turning to LA on Monday. Nervous about the flight home. Pain seems slightly better today but I still have to hunch over to walk. Oh and the no sitting thing, sucks royally!!!
Damn. I have muy bbl on Wednesday I'm thinking about sitting. Lol is something that we do every day. Try to use a boppy pillow on the airplane that will help you. The nauseous feeling is normal but I'm afraid of getting worse on the airplane so I suggest to have a bag with u just in case Hun. And don't worry about others around u. U will get better soon. It will heal slow but it will. Relax and keep us posting good luck Hun ;)
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I swear I've been couped up in this hotel for the last 4 days, sick as hell AND sore all over! You start to lose hope and wonder why the hell You put yourself through this torture...all for what?? A nicer behind?? Then you start feeling selfish and silly to have spent all that money ..sorry I'm a little discouraged right now. I can only hope day 5 is better. If not, we'll need to delay our flight home one day. Yes a bag is a must have on the plane, thanks RitFat13. I just can't seem to shake this nausea. Ugh.
Same thing happened to me, I noticed the depressive state a mind is a trend. Hang in there.