Worth Every Cent - Wish I Had It Done Sooner (Severe Astigmatism)

My procedure was more expensive because of severe...

My procedure was more expensive because of severe astigmatism. The tests before the procedure were simple, not much more invasive than a typical eye test.

The procedure itself was totally painless and took less than 15 minutes total. I had my eye-flap incision done by laser as well, apparently you have a choice of having it done by laser or by hand. The laser costs more but is more exact.

They gave me some eyedrops and a valium while I was waiting in sort of a prep room. Then about half and hour later I went into the first laser room for the flap incision, probably less than 3 minutes later I was off to the next laser room for the actual procedure.

My husband drove me home where I slept for several hours. I woke up with blurry but improved vision. The next morning my vision was less blurry and more improved. I was able to go to work. Within less than a week I was at 20/40 whereas before I was 20/400.

Five years later I'm at 20/70. I use glasses to drive and at movie theatres. My glasses are much less expensive than before because I barely have any astigmatism now. I highly recommend the procedure.

San Jose Ophthalmologist

The doctor's office was professional, clean, efficient, everything you'd want. The staff was kind. Overall a great experience. Also, my doctor is quite cute, not that it matters, but it doesn't hurt either.