Worth It 100x! Just Have Realistic Expectations - San Jose, CA

I have had most of my body lasered multiple times...

I have had most of my body lasered multiple times and mostly at the same clinic. As an Asian with fair skin but uncharacteristically thick, dark hair everywhere it just was NOT cute. My family would get on my case about shaving and how they wondered how I could ever find a boyfriend with hairy legs like that. Haha. My brother and male cousin would get grossed out and ask me to 'put away' my hairy legs as I'm hairier than they are. Basically, I was somewhat a freak of nature. It impacted my daily life since I couldn't wear short sleeve shirts or shorts or skirts if I didn't have time to shave or it was at that awful grow out stage. I have been waxing regularly since I was 13 which helped a little but really all it did was make the hair really easy to pull out, not necessarily more sparse.

In comes this affordable skin care clinic and I tried laser hair removal.

1) IT HURT LIKE CRAZY!!! I was shocked at how painful it was. I wanted to jump off the table. I am seriously amazed I lasted through all those sessions. The first session is always the worst. It hurts more near bone since fat absorbs the heat from the laser, so near your ankles and on your fingers it will hurt like a beezy. I have heard other stories that it doesn't hurt, perhaps everyone is different and each laser is different. For me, even with the blast of cold air and numbing cream and large prescription size Advil, it hurts.

2) The results are WORTH IT, WORTH IT, WORTH IT! I am amazed and so very pleased. Other people have commented on my current underarms and body hair that I "have so little" and it must be "an Asian thing". Hahaha. I'd say 70% of the hair is gone after 3 sessions and the hair that remains is much finer and thinner. Visually, I look virtually hairless. I still have stray hairs, but it doesn't look odd and unless you're up close you can't tell so I freely wear tank tops and shorts now. It's awesome. I have freedom now and more self-confidence.

My relatives who used to be shocked and dismayed by the nest on my legs and rest of my body were shocked when I showed them how clean they look now. I sometimes still get professional waxes to get rid of the small patches but the waxers even comment how little hair I have.

Overall it was worth it 1000x I would advise people who are interested to do a lot of research into lasers and clinics. I spent roughly $1200 over a period of years to do multiple passes over parts of my body. It is somewhat of a grueling process when you add up all the visits you need, but once you're done, you're done. Also, because you can space out your visits it's even more budget friendly than paying for a package all at once.

Great news. I live near Vienna Skin Clinic and was wondering whether they were good given how inexpensive they are. (full face or both underarms is $75 at current prices) I'll make an appointment.

Hi Dizzy,

This is a great review, you provide so much info. :) I have heard from many people in the community that it is extremely painful. I'm glad that even though you did find it so painful you still found it worth it. It would be great if you had pictures and were comfortable sharing them.

Enjoy your week, and thanks so much for such an informative review,

-Britt

Vienna Skin Clinic

Most of my laser hair removal was done at Vienna Skin Clinic by Dr Le or one of the nurses (Julissa? Who only works on Saturdays the last time I checked). I'm not sure Dr. Le is taking new patients but any of the staff, Dr. Nguyen or the other nurses can administer the laser hair removal. The pricing cannot be beat, $75 an area though larger body parts are counted as multiple areas. You can read reviews for Vienna Skin Clinic on Yelp. It's very affordable and results oriented, I'm very glad I found them.