IPL on Hispanic or Latin Skin Tones

About 2 weeks ago I went to get a IPL treatment to...

About 2 weeks ago I went to get a IPL treatment to treat what was pointed out to me Rosacea from a Dr who has in the past done facial fillers for me. During that visit he noticed I had slight rosacea on my cheeks and around the the nose area and forhead area. He suggested the IPl and said I would benefit from it. So I went ahead and scheduled the Appt.

Day of I went in he discussed what he was going to do. conservative approach which meant low setting on the machine I think he said 16 or 17 beacause the procedure works better on fair skin than olve skin tones that should have been a sign. Well 2 weeks later the area treated is scarred with post inflamatory hyperpigmentation.

If you have olive skin DO NOT do this. It is not made for our skin type even if its on low setting which will not do a thing and will be a waste of money.

Overall im dissappointed with the result now i have to fix a problem i didnt have before from the procedure. Dr has been some what helpful with my out come and gave me Triluma to fix the problem. Wish i had not done this.

Here's a quick rule of thumb that shows it's not a good idea for certain skin types to have IPL.

The Fitzpatrick Skin Type Scale is a numerical classification schema for the color of skin. It measures several components: Genetic Disposition, Reaction to Sun Exposure and Tanning Habits.

To determine your skin type according to the Fitzpatrick scale. If you score over 30 you are not a good candidate for our IPL device. If you score over 25 a test spot is required.

The Fitzpatrick Scale:

Type I (scores 0-7) White; very fair; freckles.
Always burns, never tans
Type II (scores 8-16) White; fair.
Usually burns, tans with difficulty
Type III (scores 17-25) Beige; very common.
Sometimes mild burn, gradually tans
Type IV (scores 25-30) Beige with a brown tint; typical Mediterranean Caucasian skin.
Rarely burns, tans with ease
Type V (scores over 30) Dark brown.
Very rarely burns, tans very easily
Type VI Black.
Never burns, tans very easily
This should have read:

To determine your skin type according to the Fitzpatrick scale add up the numbers beside each characteristic of your skin to determine your score. If you score over 30 you are not a good candidate for our IPL device. If you score over 25 a test spot is required.
And you would need to go to this link to fill out a skin typing form to come up with your score:

I have similar skin (American Indian) and this procedure worked for me. I had a red spot for 3 years that wouldn't go away and they zapped it and voila! gone.