Breast Reduction/lift and Lipo Suction in Costa Rica

I am 54 years old (5'2" and 145lbs.) and I was...

I am 54 years old (5'2" and 145lbs.) and I was suffering from backache and shoulder pain due to my large breasts (36 DDD). After going through menopause at age 50 my bra size went from 34 D to 36 DDD. Regardless of daily exercise and dieting I could not shrink my breast size. Earlier this year I opt for breast reduction surgery and unfortunately I didn't have any insurance coverage for such procedure. So I researched plastic surgery abroad and started my medical journey.

I chose Dr. Miguel Alfaro Davila who happens to be one of the top plastic surgeons in Costa Rica. I was so fortunate to find him through the U. S. Embassy's website under recommended plastic surgeons. I started my communication with his daughter Dra Monica Alfaro a month before my surgery. She was extremely professional, prompt and informative, which put my mind at ease to have surgery overseas.

Dr. Miguel Alfaro performed breast reduction/lift and liposuction on me at CIMA Hospital in early May 2014. I stayed overnight at the hospital and Dr. Alfaro visited me twice to see how I was doing. The staff at CIMA was knowledgeable, pleasant and attentive. The hospital meals were fresh and tasteful unlike our hospitals in the U. S. Please keep in mind that CIMA hospital is pricey and the costs are not covered under the plastic surgeon’s fees.

Although, Dr. Alfaro took approximately 400 cc’s out of each breast however my recovery period was very short and easy. The first 3 days of post ops were uncomfortable with little pain. I had 3 follow-ups with my doctor. My breasts are looking great and I have no pain on my shoulders and back.

I have also had a total of 4 lymphatic massages so far which have been very helpful in reducing the pain and the inflammation. The scars are healing nicely and I am told that my bra size will be 34 C or 36 B+.

Dr. Miguel Alfaro is a 1st rate plastic surgeon in San Jose, Costa Rica and I highly recommend him. The fees may be higher than the other plastic surgeons in Costa Rica, but in my opinion one should not put a price on safety, skill and great results. His reputation precedes him!

I will post my before and after pics in 3 months.
Dr. Miguel Alfaro

Dr. Alfaro is professional, articulate, pleasant and highly skilled. I had a very positive experience with him and his daughter Dra Monica Alfaro. She answered all of my questions promptly prior to my travels to Costa Rica.