Just Had Ulthera - San Jose, CA

Unexpectedly painful. Took one vicodin and got one...

Unexpectedly painful. Took one vicodin and got one Demerol injection prior to the procedure and halfway through it they gave me another half of a vicodin tablet. It did not even take the edge off of the pain.

I just had this done a few days ago so I have not seen any improvement yet in my face or neck. I haven't told any of my friends or family yet and had one of my neighbors drive me to the appointment.

I'm hoping that within that magic "three-month" time period I see improvement.

California Skin Institute

An RN did the Ulthera procedure but the doctor told me he would make sure I was happy with the results one way or another.

I am considering this procedure and am wondering what your opinion is....how are your results?
Any results yet???

xoxox

Hi Calimushka,

Welcome to the Ulthera community. It's been a few days now how is everything going? Based on community and doctor Q&A info, healing and full results can sometimes take 6 months. What prompted you to have this procedure done? Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Hi Britt -
I'm 47 years old, of slender build and very healthy. I inherited my mother's genes and have a lot of loose and thin skin on my jowls and neck. That "turkey-wattle" sort of thing happening. That's what prompted me to look into neck rejuvenation. My dermatologist does a lot of cosmetic work and he brought up the Ulthera option. He offered it to me at a discount since his practice nurse just started doing the procedure.

Five days post-procedure I have some bruising above my eyebrows and at the temples and the skin all over feels very sensitive when I'm putting on my sunscreen or moisturizer.
I don't expect to see any improvement yet as it's only been a few days.
I received a promotional invitation today in the mail from the office where I had the Ulthera done and was surprised to read that Ulthera is only FDA approved for a brow lift, not the face or neck areas. That was news to me. Nobody from my doctor's office has called me since the procedure to see how I'm doing but I will call them next week anyway to check in.

I appreciate your interest.

Calimushka

Hi Calimushka,

Awesome that your doctors office called to see how everything went. Thanks for the added info. Keep us updated.

Thanks,