No Results - San Jose, CA

15 years agao, my Dermatologist recommended...

15 years agao, my Dermatologist recommended Sculptra for the hallowing of my cheeks and temples. I had never heard of the product, but trusted his expertise and agreed to it. He injected 2 vials the first time, which was a little uncomfortable. 4 months later, I received a third vial and a couple months after that, a 4th vial.

Today, at about a year and 1/2 out, I looked at my before and after photos and there is NO difference. My doctor said that the "tank has to be full," before you see results, so I may need another vial or two. I do have 3 lumps. Two in my cheeks on the inside of my mouth (they are very small and not visible) and one larger one near my cheek bone (again, not visible). I was told by my doctor that lumps will occur and if you look at the research about 50% of patients will experience lumps. I probably will not get more vials because the product seems to be unpredictable to me and I don't want to risk any more lumps just in case they become visible. Filler products like Radiesse last very long for me (up to 2 years) and the nurse who injects these fillers for me is a pro. So I will probably go back to fillers because I don't have that much volume loss, I still look pretty young for my age.

One more thing, it isn't my physician's fault. He is a trainer for other doctor's using Sculptra and he used all the right procedures when injecting Sculptra. I guess I don't respond well to it.

I meant 15 MONTHS ago, not years.

I meant 15 MONTHS ago, not years.

San Jose Dermatologist

Very good doctor, but he is very busy. I haven't been able to talk to him but once after this procedure and I do have a few more questions.

I'm sorry this didn't work for you, but thank you for your honest review.