Great for Rosacea, Minimal Results for Melasma or Brown Spots - San Jose, CA

I had 3 rounds of IPL for rosacea when I was 30....

I had 3 rounds of IPL for rosacea when I was 30. The results were amazing. I have always been ruddy faced with sensitive skin when exercising, overheated, or embarrassed. This made a HUGE difference. Broken capillaries do come back with sun exposure, but the overall effect is very much in tact. I had it redone later for melasma, results were minimal and only lasted until the next vacation in the sun. The laser didn't even react to some of my spots. The laser sensation is that of a snapping rubber band; I recommend the numbing cream.

The first office I went to was in San Jose, Ca and was awesome, the nurse at the clinic in SF was a nightmare, bad treatment, bad service, and badly burned. The doctors made it up to me later with a redo treatment.

I strongly recommend if you are a man that you consider if there is enough damage to repair to warrant going over the beard and neck areas. It is very painful, and the recovery takes a full week. About half of my beard hair fell out and the follicles were SUPER irritated and many developed pimples, stings for days and you look like you got fried. The beard does eventually come back but may be thin for a few months. I'm clean shaven, but the irritation and pain and pimples were not fun. This happens with EVERY treatment. Cost was a package of $120 per session, I don't know if that kind of deal is still around, but shop around.
Reviance Med Spa

Thank you for posting your experience.  I had not heard of the beard issues before, makes sense though.  The laser zapping could cause problems.  Glad it all grew back nicely.