Better Than I Ever Thought Possible - San Jose, CA

As usual Dr. Lay is like an artist, who does...

As usual Dr. Lay is like an artist, who does things to achieve effects above and beyond what you ever thought. The result is incredibly natural. You retain the full facility of your natural expressions and personality, while looking inexplicably great.

I got the fat transfer to correct a hollow-eyed look. The skin around my eyes had sunken deep into the socket, and looks tired, skeletal, too-thin. My weight tends to fluctuate a bit from travel for work. At times especially when having the joy of fitting into all clothes then the eyes look saggy & depressed, w/ the skin bunching up above the eyeballs when relaxed, and then forming a deep valley when stretched such as for an excited, brow raised expression.

Dr. Lay injected fat into the troughs above the eyeballs, and also did a marvelous job of balancing out the change so it isn't just a flat eye area like some people have after similar procedures. The whole face looks energized. I still can't completely put my finger on what's changed. It is so subtle yet such an effective change. I now get mistaken for somebody 10 years younger. But none of my friends or family notice anything different except that I look well-rested.

The eyes were bruised and swollen for the 1st day. It does look like you got into a bar fight. And probably lost. :) The bruised color lightened up by the 3rd day and the swelling had gone down. In a week it was looking normal and I was back to traveling for work.

Still looks great

Almost 2 months after. Smoother and more natural. Looks youthful but even better than looking youthful! Amazing what a little curvature can do.
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Lay is like an artist, who does things to achieve effects above and beyond what you ever thought. The result is incredibly natural. You retain the full facility of your natural expressions and personality, while looking inexplicably great. His bedside manner is relaxed, calm, yet still energetic. He takes time to explain everything you're wanting to know, but never long winded or coercive. You have the space to think & your own conclusions and decide what's best for yourself. The results are just amazing. I was hesitant and thought a long time before going to see Dr. Lay about my first procedure. When younger I had gotten a bad eyelid procedure that left me never quite feeling like myself again. This is completely different. Dr. Lay has an incredible intuition for what looks natural and good for you. And the skills to make it happen. You keep your individuality but just look 100x better.

Sounds like a really good result, just the kind fat grafting should be trying to obtain. When you said 'flat eye area' did you mean how some sub-orbital areas are unnaturally straight-across, completely lacking any tear trough slant? $1,500 for a fat graft is unusually low cost, was that the correct amount? Keep us posted, it is really important with the review of live grafts for us to know what the survival was.
Sorry - it should be $3000 for the procedure. I referenced the wrong amount and can't seem to edit it back... Flat eye area - it's not quite the tear trough. I have a much reduced tear trough now and it looks natural. But it's the unnaturally straight across. I hadn't analyzed it before (and this is why I really like the doctor - is that he does know all the subtleties) but I think it's a combination of the tear trough and a curvature your undereye is supposed to have to match your cheeks and rest of the face. For example I have now a much better rested look. But what's more is a certain curvature just under my eye that emphasizes the cheekbones and also makes the eyes pop - everything is more expressive and attractive. Somehow it just takes that one little curve. I don't remember looking this good even 15 years ago. It is now almost 2 months after. I see the plumpness reducing a bit in the outer eye area but not much. It still looks just as great. And more and more natural.
Great. thank you. Let us know in a month from now, 3 to 4 months out is the real tell-tale point for what the full loss will be.
Wow it is so nice to hear about such a wonderful experience!
you look beautiful