Botox Review for Crow's Feet - San Jose, CA

I had went to the dermatologist because I was...

I had went to the dermatologist because I was unhapppy with the dark circles around my eyes, the deep hollows (sagging) below my eyes, and wrinkles around my eyes. On my first visit I met with an assistant (apparently she is a sales person). She recommended that I try the Ulthera Skin tightening and had told me that if I had the full face and neck treatment ($3600.00) - it would improve the wrinkles and sagging around my eyes. I don't know why I listened but I did and I had the Ulthera performed. 3 or 4 months later I wasn't really happy with the results. There was a slight suttle improvement in my overall skin texture (when we compared before and after pictures) but nothing to write home about. So I was still unhappy. The Ulthera was performed by a Technician.

The Doctor approached me on my return visit and asked what I was unhappy about and I told him - I am still unhappy about my eyes. I still have crow's feet, dark circles, deep hollows. So he recommended botox around my eyes and did the botox free of charge.

He injected the botox around the corners and under my eyes in a couple select places. I saw an improvement almost right away and further improvement over next couple of days. The crow's feet and other lines dissipated and eventually disappeared. The Dr. had me come back to the office in 3 weeks and added a little more botox. I loved it.

It felt kind of strange around my eyes (like tight or heavy for a few days) but it did not hurt. The feeling dissipated over the next week few weeks and within several weeks my face felt normal. While the Botox helped for the wrinkling around my eyes - it did nothing for the dark circles or deep hollows.

It's the first time I hear about botox being injected under the eyes. What was that supposed to do ?
And yes, I think that botox can't do anything about under-eye hollowness or dark circle, but didn't your doctor tell you this first ?
I think you misunderstood - no one injected botox under their eyes ... botox was used around sides of eyes where crow's feet exist. Restylane is the filler used under the eyes.

I'm so glad to hear that after you had such an expensive procedure & weren't happy the doctor took that to heart and did something to correct it. That is really awesome & I wish the way every story like yours ended.

Age Defy Dermatology

I loved the improvement the Botox made in the fine lines, crow's feet and other wrinkling around my eyes.