Asian Eyelid Surgery - San Jose, CA

I decided to get eyelid surgery because skin was...

I decided to get eyelid surgery because skin was drooping down to my lashes and I had uneven creases. I choose dr lay after spending months of researching. Of course my asian friends disagree with my choice and told me to go with Korean. I did look up dr Charles lee in la who also had positive reviews. He does both body and face. I felt turned off that in the next room some gal was getting gummy bears in her boobs. I wanted a plastic surgeon who focuses on the face. During my consultation with dr lay, he was very informative and didn't come across as your typical greedy egotistical plastic surgeon. I felt comfortable and confident in him. He explained everything in great detail. The procedure was fine with little discomfort. The only thing that made me uneasy was hearing those scissors. Maybe cuz I'm a nurse so I was visualizing a flap of skin bring snipped off. I remain calm and focused on shopping at MAC for brushes and eyeshadows for my new eyes.
Recovery really sucked. I was healing like an elderly chain smoker on Coumadin. I had major swelling. So girls, do not go eat high sodium Chinese food afterwards. My friend made me wear dark sunglasses and dragged me to go eat because we were in "the area". I pulled a stitch the second day and had bleeding Dr lay took care of that. The follow up was great. He returned my calls and addressed all of my concerns. I also had bruising under my eyes for a week. Eventually everything healed and swelling came down. It took 3 months for me to start liking my eyes I had many compliments from friends and the docs at work were impressed how nice my incision looked. So even though I encountered many issues I think I would do it again. My eyes appear more open and somehow my eyelashes look longer and fuller. I did lose few pounds during this process which is great. But some random guy told me my face is thin. Dr lay put in fillers in my cheeks which looks really good. I would definitely recommend him.

Before pic

Today

Almost 1 year

I have been getting request to post pics of my eyes. I am happy with my results. My eyes appear bigger, wider and my lashes look longer and fuller.
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon