Had High Hopes for Photofacial - San Francisco, CA

I had high hopes for photofacial..i did a ton of...

i had high hopes for photofacial..i did a ton of research before getting it done and after 2 treatments combined with bleaching cream i see zero results. at my last appt the dr even noticed that my skin wasnt improving and said that 3 more treatments might not work. she didnt want me to waste my money (which i very much appreciated her being honest with me). she suggested a chemical peel but after researching that i dont feel comfortable with getting one.

i got photofacial for freckles and some redness problems i have..it did absolutly nothing..in fact i think it made it worse!! or maybe i just notice it more now? either way, it didnt work and im so disappointed.

oh..one other thing i wanted to mention that i havent seen mentioned before, the laser hurt my fillings during the procedure!! like, chewing on tin foil type of feeling. it was so weird.

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

great, even though the procedure didnt work for me..the staff was very nice.

I had the same problem. TWO IPL treatments and my freckles were WORSE! Not for everyone.
What a bummer :( it's so weird how its great for some and not others. My sister got one and it worked really good for her. I don't get it :-/
Not sure why you're not comfortable with chemical peels... start with something light from an esthetician... or get a vi peel if you're brave enough... vi peel did wonders for my skin acne marks, and acne and hyperpigmentation etc. I regularly use jessner peels and glycolics.
I actually love chemical peels now! I was scared because of some "chemical peels gone bad" photos I saw online. But I have had a few glycolics and they are wonderful.