Almost 7 months post TOTAL FRAXEL

I had a combination active and deep fraxel around...

I had a combination active and deep fraxel around my mouth, primarily to lesson appearance of a small scar at the corner of my mouth.Now it is one month after and part of my skin appears to have striations that are accentuated when I apply makeup. Although I've been told that I may not notice results for at least 4 months, this has been a very difficult time for me. In the past, I've been told by a noteworthy plastic surgeon that I had the skin of someone 20-30 years younger and people always stopped and asked me what I did to get such nice skin. I know that I have to be patient, but meanwhile I feel terrible.

I had the procedure by a competant and experienced board certified dermatologist and I follow all instructions. I essentially stay out of the sun completely, and if I go out at all, I wear an appropriate sun screen.

Is anyone out there experiencing anything similar?

Is anyone out there experiencing anything similar?

I have striations caused from ipl. my post is up. do they look similar? I'm over a year and don't think they'll go away, more like scars.

Hi NatG,

Doesn't waiting suck? ;) Well, I hope that soon your results will improve and you will be able to change your review to "worth it." Sorry you are feeling so crummy right now. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review, and feel better the weekend is just one day away.

-Britt

Now at 14 weeks after the total fraxel, I am...

Now at 14 weeks after the total fraxel, I am beginning to see slight improvement in the damage that was done on my chin. I am using Neova DNA Total Repair, sun screens, and Retin-A which may be helping and avoiding sun as much as possible. In regards to the scar at the corner of my mouth ( for which I had the procedure ), I do not see too much improvement.
At this point I think I should not do too much more to the skin as it is very tender. I'll see how it progresses in the next couple months.Like many other people who have had this procedure, if I knew what I was getting into , I would never have done it.

Almost 7 months post laser, I am sorry to report...

Almost 7 months post laser, I am sorry to report that what was once a firm chin now looks crumply with slight lines, and the small scar for which I came in looks the same or maybe even worse. I did everything right, have great diet, lifestyle, and followed post laser instructions.

The worst part of it is that the doctor is MEAN, MEAN, MEAN, and for that I consider her in violation of ethics. As a medical professional, I should have known better, should have investigated the total fraxel more. I did not know too much about lasers, did not know that there could be such negative results. The doctor did not give me much information on the procedure. Instead I got a ton of papers about her training and accomplishmts. That should have been a warning sign in itself.I BLAME MYSELF

After the procedure, the doctor sold me over priced products and I ended up getting botox and juvederm on the chin which really didn't do much except enlarge that portion of my facial anatomy, and shortchanged me thousands of dollars. At the last visit, she showed me highly magnified closeups of my "before" chin and told me that the lines were there before the total fraxel. Naturally if you put any skin under a high power magnifier, you will see lines. The truth of the matter was that people who know me, including a highly respected physician, agreed that when they looked at me directly, my skin looked crumply with slight lines that were not visable before. The physician believes the laser melted underlying fat. He stated that some doctors who do these procedures become overzealous, and overstate what their machines do.

What also happened was that after the laser, I lost eyelash hair on the lower lid, from the center outward. When I mentioned that to her, she made a sarcastic remark.

This doctor, she is not only MEAN to me but MEAN to others. I see that her staff is afraid of her and if you go on Yelp, you'll see that other people have complained of her behavior. She is Board Cerfified and had good
training, but maybe over did the corners of my mouth, and somehow my chin got "overzapped"!

I blame myself and her. I should have known better.Please take my comments seriously. MY WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS AN ABSOLUTE DISASTER!

NatG

Have you seen any improvements over the past 6 months?  Wishing you the best!

I am 4 weeks after Total FX for around the eye area only. The skin is healed, yet very bright red still. I must wear make up at all times because it is still so red. The worrisome part is that...the fine lines under the eye look worse. I am 4 weeks out, hopefully this is just due to dry skin.
I'm sorry Nat. Have you visited any other providers to see what they can do for your skin at it's current state.
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

I explained my rating of DOCTOR MEAN above. Please read it carefully as well as my review.