Definitely Worth It - Wearing Way Less Foundation! - San Francisco, CA

I decided to do Fraxel for both sun damage and...

I decided to do Fraxel for both sun damage and skin tone. I am 45, fair-skinned, freckled and have lived in California my entire life. Over the years I have noticed that it was taking more and more foundation to even out my skin. I had brown patches as well as freckles and was starting to get some wrinkles. I should also mention that I have rosacea.

I did the Fraxel on a Tuesday morning and after an hour of numbing cream, I found it to be a little annoying but not painful. The rest of the day felt like I had a sunburn. The next day was the worse - but still not bad. My face was swollen and my skin felt like rough sandpaper. I went to work wearing makeup but really had to spackle it on. It was all downhill after that - everyday better than the next.

I am now ten days out and when I look in the mirror, I am truly delighted. My skin tone is totally evened out and I am wearing way less foundation. No more brown spots and freckles are faded.

Should have done this a long time ago. Will be doing it again.

San Francisco Dermatologist

Do you know your settings? I love your profile pic btw!!
I had been thinking about having something done for about six months. Decided on Fraxel after talking to Dr. Sculley. Very glad I did it!

Hi Delighted,

No more brown spots and less foundation, that sounds awesome. I'm glad that although it felt like a sunburn and you had peeling you are still happy with the procedure. How long had you been thinking about having this done?

Thanks,