Counting the Days to my Mommy Makeover!

I'm a 30 yr old mother of 2, 4 & 2 yr old...

I'm a 30 yr old mother of 2, 4 & 2 yr old beautiful & smart children. I was 116 lbs before I got pregnant with my 1st one, and I gained 50 lbs with my 1st. That was not easy to lose at all and part of it I guess was because I didn't really try very hard. But just when I began to lose weight again, I got pregnant with my 2nd one! I only gained 14 lbs with the 2nd pregnancy, but that plus all the left over from the 1st pregnancy, it was almost impossible. I guess there could have been more hope into it if I had started working out & dieting shortly after my 2nd one, but regular workout just didn't quite fit in the new lifestyle of a toddler & a baby. On top of that, I work 2 night shift jobs, so physically I was not up to exercising because I always have to catch with my sleep. And the stress just made the whole dieting messed up to. But like what they always say: there's an end to everything. The kids are bigger, so it's a little easier now.

Beginning Feb 2010, I started going to consultations for a mommy makeover, and really, deciding that I wanted something like this for me added a motivation into dieting better & working out more regularly. I breastfed both my kids, so that didn't leave me anything physically good, although I know they got what was best for them, and I'm really happy that I was able to give that to them. My stomach was of course not the same. Stretch marks, fatty, and weak. My lower back hurts when I try to do crunches. I guess because my abdominal muscles have really weakened a lot over the last years.

I am 5'1, initially 160 lbs but now down to 146 lbs. It's a week before my mommy makeover surgery and I'm nervous but really excited at the same time. Nervous because I've never had any sugery in my life & excited because I'll finally get my old tummy back, you know before the pregnancy, or maybe even better and I'm finally gonna get bigger boobs. Boobs I've never had because I've always been an A cup. So I'm gonna get silicone breast implants, a tummy tuck, and a lipo of the inner thighs, since this have been a problem to me ever since.

I wanted this so much that I wanted it to be my 31st birthday gift to myself. I'm really greatful for my super supportive husband, that although this have brought us some financial challenge, he still suported me in any way possible. Pics to follow.

Hello everyone! It's nice to be able to update...

Hello everyone! It's nice to be able to update my post now rather than just commenting on it. I would post my pics tomorrow when I get home because I'm @ work right now. Yes, work! I am now 5 1/2 weeks post op and tonight is my 2nd night back to work. I feel tired because I'm working 3 nights in a row and I just came back. So on top of getting my body back to working I'm also dealing with the stress of working nights. Time is a big change since I have been sleeping like normal while I was off work. But now I have switch my days and nights again. I'm still on partial restrictions, meaning I can't be doing too much lifting more than 20 lbs until beginning of July. I still have to wear my abdominal binder even when working since it gives me support therefore allowing to move faster with less discomfort. So far people at work are making good comments and have been very interested to know about my whole experience.

As far as my body, the breasts are healing now. There was a small opening in the inner side of my right breast incision, which was irritated before. I don't think it was infected but it was getting close to getting there, so my PS prescribed another course of antibiotics. I haven't been good at taking it every 6 hrs; instead I'm doing every 8 hrs. I know, bad me. ;ut it's better now: dry and closed already but still has some redness around the area. I graduated from the velcro for the breasts @ 4 1/2 wks because the implants have pretty much done the dropping they are suppose to do. They don't feel so tensed anymore, but the nipples are still hypersensitive and the skin around them and the whole breasts are really itchy. I try not to scratch them, of course. I'm still doing the massage that I was told to do twice a day.

Then the tummy tuck incision is healing well too. The tiny opening on the right end of the incision has closed. The lttle openings on the left end of the incision have closed now too. The skin around them is drying and scabbing a lot now. This area is still more swollen than the right, but not so bad. The middle part of my stomach down to the mons pubis is still swollen. I can still see the little hump in this area, but it's getting smaller everyday. My PS said that the swelling could up 6 mons to subside. The whole abdomen is still numb of course, but that's no surprise. My abdominal binder is not my most favorite, but it is beneficial to me, so I can't say I hate it. I am able to keep it off a little bit more longer now too, but I move slower without it still. I also feel this heat that travels through the incision whenever I get up from lying or sitting position, espcially when the binder is off. My PS said it's normal.

As far as the scars, well, some areas are finer than others. I've started putting the Mederma cream @ 5 wks but only to where the incisions are really closed. The small openings I've mentioned I just leave alone for now. My PS recommends Rejuveness silicone sheets instead. I've looked and men, they are expensive. I'll get them though, just not right now. And just really quickly, the lipo of the inner thighs have not changed much from what I've mentioned at 3 wks. There still that small bulge, esp on the right, but I think it will take some time to come down. Maybe it will get better faster once I start working out again. Speaking of working out, he said 2 more weeks. So @ 7 wks I should be okay to go back to working out again. I'll have to start over again though: build it up slowly in cardio and weights. I can't wait. I really would like to get my stamina back again.

I added my pictures finally. The incisions are...

I added my pictures finally. The incisions are healing well. There are times when they are really itchy & a little swollen, but I keep putting the Mederma cream on. I also noticed that when I use my abdominal binder, the tummy tuck incision really flattens and I can't feel any bump. The breast incisions are always flat and the little areas that had small openings for a while are healing well too. I noticed that the right areola is a little lower than the left, but it's pretty decent. I also apply the Mederma cream on the belly button and breasts incisions.

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Among all the other surgeons I met with, he is the only one I saw made notes in front of me. And this is really important because they could forget alot when they walk out that door. His staff were friendly and his practice manager, Sharon, is really great too. They are very accommodating and understanding of my situation. I also got lucky because for the month of April, they had this promotion of 10% discount if you booked your procedure over $5000 before the end of the month. That saved me alot and helped me even more financially. Making and getting the appointment was easy. Sharon is very good at returning my calls. And they are pretty on time with their appointments.

You look great. Congrats!
Email your pics to Angie, the moderator, and shell upload them for you. Hang in there! Three months from now you may say it was totally worth it!
3 WEEKS & 1 DAY: Hello everyone. Another week has gone by. I saw my PS today. He removed the steri-strips on my breasts and tummy incisions today. Left breast looks & feel good. Right breast has an irritated portion in the bottom incision that looks raw and have been having a small old blood drainage for a few days. It was more sensitive a few days ago, but a little better today. I thought it was open, but he said it wasn't. I checked when I got home and it looked as if it was badly excoriated. It's a little red but has softened compared to how it was 2 days ago. It's also getting so itchy more often around the same area. As far as the tummy tuck incisions, well some tiny areas have begun to scar and it's nice and pink. I do have a horizontal opening on the left end of the incision that's about 1/2 inch long. I don't think that specific spot was sutured at all. I already saw it a few days ago when the steri-strip loosened and that spot is sensitive to touch a little. It bleeds a little, but what else can you expect. Then right in the middle part is another very tiny vertical opening. It's about the same length but not as deep as the left one. It has a little bit of blood coming out of it too and it really looks like a slightly deep scratch. Then on the right end is another tiny round opening. It's almost the same size as the drainage opening when it was pulled out, only a little smaller. I don't think that spot was sutured either. It does have an itsy bitsy old blood looking drainage, but that's about it. It's not even sensitive to touch. Because I am a scared of infection freak, I applied a Polysporin ointment that I got from my PS office. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to spray it with my Neosporin that I have at home. He said that those are very normal and happens all the time and that they will just close up in time. He said it was anything that I did that caused them. So I'm not happy with those little openings, but as long as I don't have signs of infection, I'm thankful. The other parts of the tummy tuck incision are closed well though. It felt lighter after the strips came off. It felt like my skin could breath better. I also air dried it for about 30 mins after I got home from my appointment. I am able to stand a little more straighter than last week and he said that I can try to stand more straight. I'm just scared that a portion might open, but I think that's just me. I asked about walking on the treadmill, just walking, but he said not yet. The velcro for the breast will be just for another week too. I also told him that I don't quite feel ready to go back to work and he said that I'm not that ready yet either, so he extended my disability leave from work for another week. Things should be much better then, I'm hoping. I'm really getting tired of this whole recovery thing, you guys. This is one reason I won't do it again. Well, I don't think I'll need to anyway. Why would we want to do a tummy tuck twice, right? Despite a good experience in surgery and recovery, I don't think I'd want to deal with the inconvenience it comes with. I hate all this limitations and fresh, though healing, incisions. I hate that I can't do the stuff I used to do or be in the same pace as before. I'm just not that patient, as most of you can probably tell just by reading this. So til next time. I still can't upload pics. Sorry.
Thanks so much for updating your recovery. I'm super nervous. What do you do with your time? Are you able to drive yet?
I pretty much watch the kids play and run around. Especially when they are running around because there's been a few times that my son pushed me. I nearly lost balance and fall. I try to do something in the kitchen, but there's really not much I can do. If I could fold the laundry, since my husband loads them, then I would. But sometimes, my son goes up on the coach and so I end up just leaving since I can't watch him from behind. I tried reading, but they are both around me more when I have something in my hands. I sit and watch with them when my son can keep still, but that's not always the case. As far as driving, I guess I can drive now, but I don't really want to since I have that option. My husband drives me still. I can manage I'm sure.
2 WEEKS & 1 DAY POST OP: Well, here I am again, 2 weeks after. Nothing much have changed. I am able to keep my sanity much better most of the time, but there are times when this whole recovery thing is just getting too long for me and I'm don't know what to do with myself. Since I am the one working in the family, being off work is nice but also brings alot of worries to me. It's time to think of the monthly financial stuff, but there's not much money there since what you actually make is different from what you get from state disability. That stresses me out. I can't wait to go back to work, but at the same time I really don't want to go back yet. I still have a week and a half left in my time off. I also don't know if I'm gonna be really ready physically. The breast augmentation thing has gotten a lot better. I can feel they are more relaxed and a little lower than before. There are still tensed moments, but not as bad as before. I also don't really get that constricting/chest pain like feeling on my chest anymore. Not even the right, which was the sided that bothered me a lot. There's becoming more itching on the skin and around the nipples. From time to time, there's pin pricking pain on the nipples too. I'm still wearing the velcro on my upper chest though. I've started doing the twice a day massage my PS showed me, and I think it helps. Steri-strips on the incisions are still on. I can't wait to sleep without a bra again. As far as the tummy tuck, well, it's healing on it's own time. The steri-strips are still on too. The swelling has gone down compare to last week, but to me it still looks pretty swollen especially in the middle down to mons pubis. I think even my vagina labia majora is swollen. I still can't stand up straight. It feels very tight especially on the right side. I think the right side is more swollen than the left. It also feels more sensitive compare to the other side. I feel more tension on the incision when I move or get up. There's more sudden sharp pains under the skin and the muscles. The incision just above my right groin feels harder than the left. The belly button is healing. Just a few days ago it looked a little purplish, but now it is somewhat reddish suddenly. I don't feel much around it still. The small leak that I noticed coming out of it when the sutures were removed have slowed down, but it still gets a tiny bit leaky at times. The little hole on my right groin, where the drain was is closing and drying now, so that's good. I still to spray a little Neosporin on it everyday after I take a shower. The abdominal binder I've been using is beginning to be come uncomfortable. It always gets itchy, but lately, it's been really irritatingly itchy. I can't wait til I don't have to wear this anymore. I'm sick and tired of it now. I do remove it for a little bit throughout the day to relieve the pressure on my skin, since I've noticed that I am bruising here and there along the lines, especially under my breast. It is still easier to stand up a little straighter when it is on. I noticed that I hunch over more when I don't have it on. I went to see my GYN yesterday because I noticed that I'm having a little bit more itching on the labia majora and have been feeling some bumps. I was getting worried! She said that the itching and the bumps are from dried skin. There are no bumps she said. It's just wrinkling like skin from all the swelling and dryness on the mons pubis. So now I have to put vaseline on that area to help with the extremely dry skin. I'm glad it wasn't some weird infection from nowhere. My inner thighs are better too in some way. They still feel sore and some spots are harder than others. It's like tensed hard. The right inner thigh still has some bulging but not as bad as before that I had to put ice or sit on ice. I noticed that it gets better with more walking, so we've been kinda walking outdoor a little bit everyday. The rashes I had on my anterior thighs have gotten better too. It's still a little discolored but they are no longer raw like before. The Calamine lotion I've been putting on everyday and whenever it's itchy helps calm it down. I don't know where else it is coming from . I thought it would completely go away once the Vicodin is clear from my system, but that didn't seem to have done it. I think this is just the left over from all that skin irritation. So all in all, everything is getting better. Just slowly. Too slow for me. I just want to be better and normal already. I'd like to be able to workout because I am starting to feel fat and like low in stamina. I'd like to walk normally without feeling any soreness and swelling between my thighs. I still sleep on my back with pillows under my knees. I'm sure I'm okay to sleep on my side now, but it's a little uncomfortable with this incisions and strips on them. My next follow up will be in a week (would be 3 weeks post op by then) and the steri-strips should be coming off then. I like the results so far even though it's not the end result yet. I don't like this whole limitations during recovery though. I have gone some light bra shopping, but it's no fun when you can't really dress good and walk normal. Still no luck with posting pictures, but I'll get them up as soon as I'm able to upload. Thanks for reading. I will update again next week.
I have two young kids too (ages 5 and 3) and I'm recently divorced. I'll have my sister take my kids for the first week and my boyfriend will take care of me. The second week, I'll still have his help some but I'll be on my own with them quite a bit. I'll stock up on frozen dinners and have someone lay out their outfits for the week. We're off for the summer so I'll get movies and let them swim in the pool. Hopefully, I don't have to jump in after one of them!
Thank you so much for your honest story! I am in the same boat as you, but with one more child..5,yr 4 yr and a 1yr. I would love to get a mommy makeover. I am going to a ps this month to see what I should/could have done. How did your children react to you not being there for them? I am the one home with them all day and my husband works a lot. I think that will be the hardest part along with not doing things for myself!! Please tell me it gets better and that you would do it all over again. Is there anything that you would have done differently if you could? Would you have hired someone to come in and help you and your husband?
You're welcome. In regards to your question, I don't think I don't think I'll do it again just because of the inconvenience of being very limited. And like I said, this was my 1st surgery ever, so the down time, and not just from work, is very inconvenient for me. I didn't like the drain, all the soreness, and lower back ache especially. I didn't like that I couldn't move as fast, get up as fast, and my daily routines changed while recovering. Maybe it's just me being impatient, but it just like when you have the flu, you're not feeling well and not really yourself. Didn't like that at all. Unlike you, I am the one working and my husband stays home with the kids, so you can imagine what it does to our income when I have to take down times like this. I honestly think it's going to be tough for you because you have a 1 yr old, but if you'll have alot of help for as long as you can, it will be great. I am 13 days post op, and I still don't give my kids their baths because I shouldn't be lifting over 10 lbs I think. I already have too much lower back ache that leaning/bending over the tub to give them baths won't do me anymore good. It is better now because I am more able to do stuff, but I still can't run around with them when they want to play. I can walk a little faster but it's very tiring. Even with just screaming when we are playing lightly is exhausting. My stomach is still swollen and very tight so reaching up is still hard and I don't do it. Only within the last few days that my husband started to leave me alone with the kids, but only for 2 hours while he works out at the gym. He does the cleaning and the washing of everything. I can feed the kids now, so that's a good thing. I think it will be good for you if have someone else doing everything for you for the 1st week and still have help with things on the 2nd week. Good luck on your consultations.
1st WEEK OF RECOVERY: Hello everyone. It's my 8th day today since the surgery. I was hoping for this site to be back up it's editing feature so I can post my pictures, but I guess not. So here's my story about my 1st week. I'd say the 1st 72 hrs was the hardest. I spent the 1st 2 days sleeping alot because of my pain med & exhaustion. But I made it a point to get up & pee at least every 3 hrs round the clock because I know I needed to regardless of how much I dreaded it due to lower back pain, muscle aches, & too much effort to get out and get back in bed. My limitations that I mentioned on day of surgery pretty much carried on for the next 72 hrs. My husband had to pull me up with very little help from me every time I had to get up. It was so irritating how I couldn't lie staight or straighten myself up in bed. He had to tuck me in, fix my pillows for me, & put everything within my reach each time. It was frustrating that my kids or I couldn't come so close when we gave kisses to each other and I had to sleep in another room because I couldn't be in bed with my kids. I cried on my 1st night because I was calling my husband to help me get up, but he was so dead asleep because he was so tired too. I even threw a rattle on the floor but that wasn't enough to wake him up, but after 20 min of calling, he finally woke up. I mean I was completely helpless & unable. I couldn't even reach down there to wipe myself. The lower back pain was really what made things impossible for me. I had the pain pump, and sure it made my stomach more comfortable because I didn't feel as much, but it wasn't completely painless. I only had one drain and I kept wondering why only one, but when I realized how bothersome it was whenever I had to move, I was thankful there was only 1. I began taking my antibiotics prescribed for 5 days & as neeeded pain med when I got home from the surgery center. I started with ice chips that afternoon, and when that was okay, I moved on to eating something bland. I was very careful with not eating something with lots of sodium in it because I didn't want to swelll more than I already was. I also ate very tiny the 1st 2 days because I felt my stomach got really heavy after eating, which made it even harder when I had to get up. I also started itching alot all over after 24hrs. I didn't make a big deal out of it because you expect that after getting an anesthesia. And the fact that I hadn't showered for a day going on 2 and I had my period since the day of surgery I know contributed to my itching. On 3rd day, I went for my 1st post op appt. My PS removed the dressing on my breast and abdomen. It was good to see my fuller breast & much flatter abs without the stretch marks! I was still very swollen of course. My boobs were very high and my chest muscles felt really tensed especially on the right. Now I had a little bigger implant on the right since that was the smaller breast to begin with. The left was fine & didn't really bother me as much. However the right side intermittently felt like it was beating its way out of my breast in every direction. It was so tensed that I had a chest pain concentrated on the right side only. It felt heavier too. My stomach felt so tight that I was really constricted with my movements. I was really glad to get the dressing removed because it was having that body fluid smell that I couldn't stand. I had 3 small blisters on my right flank, under the dressing, which should go away now that the dressing was off. I was also having rashes around the groin & thigh areas, which my PS said should go away too now that the dressing is off. The same with my chest, neck, & around the underarms. My inner thighs were pretty sore too with some mild bruising from the liposuction. The pain pump came off with the dressing of course, but my tummy felt pretty numb already anyway. It didn't hurt when he pulled it out but I did feel something sliding off under my skin. I was pretty happy with some things coming off, but he left the sutures & drain in since it had only been 3 days since the surgery. And because those were still there, he said I couldn't shower yet. I mean my husband had been wiping me with wet cloth from head to toe everyday, but it's different when you actually shower. So I said to myself, I could put up with it a little longer I was sure, right? Wrong! Another day is all I could do. The itching all over was driving me out of my mind. I was starting to lose it. I told my husband that I wanted him to give me a bath for Mother's day. So I put gauze on all my incision sites, covered them with surran wrap, sealed it with a tape, and put a towel over my front while my husband bathed me. It turned out okay. Got my hair washed, got a little scrubbing on my skin & I felt better. The itching stopped for a little while, but later on that night (Day 5 since the surgery), I began to itch nonstop again & the rashes around my upper/under arm, shoulder, neck, & thighs flared up. That's when it occurred to me that I might be having an allergic reaction to something. I thought of the pain med I continued to take. Though the antibiotic course I just finished too could have caused it as well. But I think I had taken that antibiotic before, but it was my first time to take Vicodin for pain. I hurried to give myself Benadryl and things got a little better. Early on day 6 I called my PS because my inner thighs that had liposuction was so swollen that it felt like I had 2 balls between my legs rubbing against each other when I walked. My drain site had also been stinging & burning since late the previous day. So I got an appt to see him the next day, Day 7. I was also advised to put ice pack on to swollen areas as much as I could. The day was so hard to bare. I had this itchy rashes, swelling between my thighs, & stinging & burning at my one & only drain site that smelled!!! It was making me depressed and I actually cried for no valid reason. How much I missed playing with my kids overwhelmed me, and I thought I was so unfit! I felt so miserable and dishoveled with that smell coming from the drain site. There was that 20% of me that said maybe I shouldn't have done it. My husband told me that I should have thought about more if I was just going to feel that way. But he said I made it this far & I should just hang in there because it will get better soon; I needed to be patient. That's the problem. I don't have one of those things they call patience, but I tell people to be patient all the time. Isn't that weired? Anyway, I went to my appt the next day & got the drain removed. Thank God! I was being a chicken about because it had been stinging. I even asked my PS to numb the site, but he said numbing it wasn't going to help & it would only take 5 sec & that would be the end of the stinging, burning, & smell. He wasn't lying! I felt so much better after it came out. He also removed the sutures, which didn't really hurt. The tape is still on, but I'm okay to shower like normal now he said. The tape will come off on day 10. Two more days from today. I took a shower the very next day with some help from my husband just because I can't really bend over to reach my lower leg. I feel a little better today except I still have these itchy rashes. I'm still taking Benadryl every 4 hrs & applying Benadryl cream & Calamine lotion that he recommended. It helps temporarily. Its been 3 days since the last time I took the Vicodin. It should be clearing up in my system by now. I am still unable to stand & walk straight & my lower abdomen and pubis area are still swollen. I still have bruises here & there and the 3 little blisters have popped on their own, so I sprayed it with Neosporin & covered it with a bandaid. I do have some sudden pin pricking feeling on the incision from time to time. I just breathe through it. My breasts today have been a little bit more relaxed compaired to previous days. I can do a complete range of motion with my arms, but I still do not to pull, push, or lift anything that would make me use my chest muscles. I noticed that the velcros seem to help alot, especially for the abdomen. I am able to stand straighter and feel more supported with it on. Of course it's itchy too under it, but I can feel my tummy & back need it. By the way, I'm also taking a stool softener to prevent me from straining when I have to go #2 since day 5. I did take a otc laxative one time (as I read from one of the people in this site) to help me stool the 1st time because I just couldn't push enough. I was too scared that my incision might seperate. So as soon as this site allows me to update my discussion, I will post my before & after pics.
I'm glad you're posting your recovery. I think I want the pain pump too. I plan on sitting and watching lots of movies. How often are you expected to get up and walk?
Well you'll want to get up & walk as often as tolerable. I did at least every 3 hrs round the clock within the 1st 48 hrs. It helps prevent embolism & pneumonia from happening. I couldn't watch tv for a long time because my eyes got tired easily. Plus tv & my kids noise were over stimulating me, causing me to be more tired.
Wow! Sorry to hear!! Im having same exact procedure, tummy tuck, lipo, and breast implants on May 28th...super worried :( Hope it gets better for you. Keep us posted!
Since I can't seem to update my discussion, I'll just post a comment about the surgery and my recovery to follow on another comment. THE SURGEY: I was in really early in the morning; was dropped off by my husband & kids. I was a little scared, since this is my 1st sugery ever in my life. The whole idea of being put to sleep creeps me out. I always think what if I don't wake up. But it actually wasn't so bad, not that I'd want it again. I gotta tell you it was the 1st time I actually slept again since I got pregnant with my 1st child. When I woke up, I remember still feeling the urinary catheter being pulled out, but I was so out of it, it didn't bother me. Then I know I asked to go to the bathroom, but I was still under the anesthesia that I was blacking out. I guess I was falling asleep every few sec & waking up another sec. I was loaded on the car & the next I knew I was home. I was so afraid I'd fall asleep again, I asked my husband to wipe my face with something cold. Getting up for the 1st time was hard. I couldn't stand straight bec of my tummy tuck incission & my abdomen felt a brick was on it wrapped very tightly by this abdominal binder. I had to walk bending forward which after a few steps started to kill my lower back. And because I also had a breast augmentation, my chest felt so heavy, giving me this extra pull forward when I was walking while bending forward. My husband was like my walker. Having the implants feels like 2 bricks wrapped tightly against my chest and my chest muscles felt so tensed when I tried to move my arms. Lying on the bed has been a real challenge for me because my lower body is very hard to move. I have to move as a log. 1 unit all together. Then I can't really support my body with my arms, since I can't put any weight on my arms bec of my implants. I couldn't scooch my self up the bed once I was on it bec I couldn't push my legs bec that too is sore from the inner thighs liposuction & I coulnd't lift my butt bec that was sore from flanks liposuction too. I had the pain pump for my tummy but even with that I felt stinging on the incision. Getting up was horrible bec I was so stiff and couldn't stand straight so my lower back was really suffering. My neck was suffering too while in bed. I tried to get up at least every 3 hrs round the clock, but I dreaded it bec it was hard any wasy you cut it. My husband had to feed me, give me my meds, & I had to sip on straw to drink water. He was not only my walker but also my trapeze when lying & getting up from bed. There's really no major pain except the stinging or sometimes sharp shooting pain on the incision, which always got me worried that it might be separating. Well there's the most horrrible muscle pain that there was really nothing I could about. I applied hot pack on my neck one time, and that helped a lot too. The bottom line is I felt this was very disabling to me since I couldn't do anything without my husband there next to me.
I've read in several places that a recliner will really help... maybe you could borrow to sleep in? This is the worst day, tomorrow will be better, and so on! I'm so glad that you've done this for yourself, and you will be too in just a few short weeks! Try to stay positive, sit in the sunshine for atleast 20 min a day! It will help! Best wishes and we are all cheering you on!!
Thanks for the support & encouragement. It helps to know that someone else knows what I was going through.
Please let me know how your recovery goes! I'm scheduled for June 28th and I'm nervous about the recovery and it's obstacles.
I am 15 hours away from my mommy makeover surgery. Tic toc tic toc! How exciting but also a little nerve wrecking! I got some good reassurance from the office manager today, which is really great. It helps ease up some of those tension before having a surgery.
That's fantastic! You're going too look great. I'm giving away Mederma Stretch Mark Therapy (retails for $40) and a box of Scaraway Silicone Sheets to women who send me a pre-op and post-op video. Message me or email me at angiemcdonald at hotmail dot com if you're interested!
If I am able to make a video, I will send it to you. Thanks a lot.
That would be great. Let me know! Thanks!
Congratulations on deciding to do this for yourself! I am so excited for you! I'm still interviewing PSs and I'm hoping to have my surgery in August :) We have very similiar situations as far as size (I'm 5', 155 lbs) and I'm anxious to see how your results turn out! Please post before and after pics!!
Hi mom23. How is your PS consultations going? Liking anyone yet? I hope you find a good one who will be able to make things happen for you. I plan on posting before & after pics as soon as the editing feature of this site is back up again.
I've narrowed it down to 2. I'm debating on doing a breast lift, but I'm definitely going for a tummy tuck. What is your new cup size, if you don't mind me asking?? I'm wanting to lose 30 lbs by aug/sept then have the surgery, but it's not easy!! I've read that the 1st 2 weeks are really rough with recovery, and you've had a lot done.. TT, BA and lipo, so just keep in perspective that your body will take some to heal! Also, ask your PS about lymph massages.. it will help with the swelling and speed up healing! Take care, get some sunshine on your face and smile.. this will get better so soon!! :)
Goodluck on your weightloss plan. I hope you achieve your plan or at least close. I planned to lose another 16# before the surgery, but I kinda had to have it done now due to work related reasons. I am a full c cup now. And girl, it is such a big difference from being an a cup. It does feel really heavy too, and bec they haven't really dropped/relaxed, esp the right side, there's still tightness on the chest. The lipo of flanks &inner thighs seem to add a good deal of discomfort too. It has its moments of being really sore and sensitive, which makes me more uncomfortable. I think if I didn't have swelling in my inner thighs, I will be so so much better & be able to walk straighter too. I am thinking about buying a whole body compression garment that's appropriate for the latter part of recovery since it looks like I'm gonna want to wear something for support for a while. I'll ask my PS today. Thanks for the pick me up. Keep me posted.