Fantastic Experience - San Francisco, CA

I'm a 32 year old woman with fair skin who...

I'm a 32 year old woman with fair skin who suffered from acne and some acne scarring. I trusted my dermatologist, and when she recommended a series of six treatments of ViPeel, I decided that it was worth a try. The peel takes just a few minutes to put on, but it's really important that you go to someone you trust, who uses the entire dose, and who very specifically explains the post-procedure treatment. First off, if you want to do yourself a service, try to stay indoors because sun is not healthy during the peeling/healing process. If you do go outside, try to limit your time and never leave the house without SPF 55. Second, do NOT peel your skin; let it all come off on its own, or use scissors to cut the parts that are loose.

After my first time, the peel revealed beautiful skin, but it also brought out a lot of sebum and acne, which is one of the reasons I did the peel in the first place. However, my dermatologist warned me off this so while it was embarrassing to have even more acne, I did expect it. After 6 weeks, I had another treatment; more breakouts around my problem areas, but skin much smoother and nicer. By the third treatment, my breakouts ceased and my skin looks so much younger, smoother, fresher, and most importantly, I stopped breaking out completely and my acne scars are 70% reduced. It's been two months since my last treatment, but I just went in again because I want to complete the six treatments she recommended to ensure that years of scarring go away; I just have slight red discoloring now in places where I had a lot of acne, but I don't wear make up anymore because it's not necessary. I absolutely recommend the Vi Peel; in reading these reviews, it appears to me that folks who either only had one treatment or weren't given clear instructions on what to expect post peel (more breakouts, etc) had very bad experience. I would recommend that you go to a licensed professional who you trust and who you have an existing relationship with.

A 70% reduction sounds pretty dang good! So happy for you!! I've been considering doing a peel, but haven't decided which one. Did you choose the Vi Peel simply because the derm you trust recommended it, or did you guys discuss other peels as well then decide to go with the Vi Peel?

If you go in with a realistic expectation and understand that it's vital to stay indoors and that your skin will be more sensitive to sunlight, and you understand that it will probably bring problems that are superficially hidden to the surface before it makes it better, then this is a wonderful product.