Ulthera Today - San Francisco, CA

I was invited by my trusted dermatologist to be a...

I was invited by my trusted dermatologist to be a "model" for the nurses Ulthera training session. Luckily, most of his staff are still too young to be suitable for this procedure.

I have a stupid wattle and jawline laxity and was thrilled there may be something out there, other than surgery, that works. I must admit, this sites comments made me so nervous!

Was given a Valium and a Vicodin well before my session, so I was pretty much in my happy place. The treatment is uncomfortable, varying from slightly to a moment or two of moderately high but truly never excessive. My temples were most sensitive. Thankfully, it's an area where they did just a few passes. My left side was also more sensitive than the right. It's like breathe, zap, zap, Zap, ZAP, breathe and repeat.

My face is a little warm, slightly sore. I iced before I left the office and took SinEcch, an oral Arnica, in case of bruising. I think anything I may be seeing now is simply inflammation. I will update my post as the weeks go by.

Are you seeing any results?
FYI: a "waddle" is a type of gait. A "wattle" is a growth or skin under the jaw.

Oh my you are so right, I'm quite embarrassed now. Well I still think it's funny, in both terms. :)

Thanks,

-Britt

Hi Everyone, So, here we are three months...

Hi Everyone,

So, here we are three months later and I have not been back to Dr. Matarasso's office to see my before photos for a comparison. However, I have been receiving random compliments and feel I got the biggest lift around my temples, eye area, and my jawline close to the ears. There is a qualitative difference in the texture of my skin, most evident on my neck.

I am pleased with my results enough that I will do another session (that I will be paying for) focusing on my jawline and neck.

Wattle area: not much at all. That's why I'm interested in giving it another shot.
Age: 55 and slipping down that slippery slope :-)
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! Howmuch improvement would you say you got in that area alone? If you have already had it treated a 2nd time have you seen more improvement? Thanks so much for sharing. Also, would you mind sharing you age range? I'm just trying to get a mental picture of realistic result expectations for myself as I am contemplating the procedure.
I meant to ask how much improvment you got in the "wattle" area alone lol...need more coffee!

Hi everyone, I decided to have another...

Hi everyone,

I decided to have another Ultherapy treatment on Wednesday, October 5th!

I was due for my thrice yearly Botox/Restylane injections but this time I felt I didn't need it in the same way I had before. Sure, I could have used a bit of refreshing but not in that "Oh, sh*t, my face is melting!" way. The only answer possible reason for this improvement is the Ultherapy treatment I had in May. So, I decided to take my injectibles budget, roll the dice, add a 50% more $$ and try another Ultherapy treatment.

I have no idea why but this time there was a lot more discomfort during the procedure. It's an ordeal, that's for sure. I needed a few breaks and used all the "distraction toys" the doctor offered. But when it's over, it's over.

I had some minor bruising on my lower cheek, about the size of a quarter, that manifested a day later. Must be a particularly sensitive place on my anatomy. I am sore along my jaw line, as I was the first time. I'm not sore along my temples, as I was in the past, and hope this isn't a sign of effectiveness or lack there of.

I'll keep y'all posted as my results unfold but I am optimistic. The nurse showed me another patients photos (unidentifiable, of course) and her results were insanely dramatic! I am always cynical of a manufacturer's photos advertising results but when it's from my dearly trusted medical team, seeing is believing.

Best,
Wendy

Pictures please?
Dr. Seth Matarasso

Dr. M is brilliant, caring, cautious, and consistent. Oh, and colorful. I trust him completely and unconditionally recommend him.