Ulthera Today - San Francisco, CA

I was invited by my trusted dermatologist to be a...

I was invited by my trusted dermatologist to be a "model" for the nurses Ulthera training session. Luckily, most of his staff are still too young to be suitable for this procedure.

I have a stupid wattle and jawline laxity and was thrilled there may be something out there, other than surgery, that works. I must admit, this sites comments made me so nervous!

Was given a Valium and a Vicodin well before my session, so I was pretty much in my happy place. The treatment is uncomfortable, varying from slightly to a moment or two of moderately high but truly never excessive. My temples were most sensitive. Thankfully, it's an area where they did just a few passes. My left side was also more sensitive than the right. It's like breathe, zap, zap, Zap, ZAP, breathe and repeat.

My face is a little warm, slightly sore. I iced before I left the office and took SinEcch, an oral Arnica, in case of bruising. I think anything I may be seeing now is simply inflammation. I will update my post as the weeks go by.

Hi Everyone, So, here we are three months...

Hi Everyone,

So, here we are three months later and I have not been back to Dr. Matarasso's office to see my before photos for a comparison. However, I have been receiving random compliments and feel I got the biggest lift around my temples, eye area, and my jawline close to the ears. There is a qualitative difference in the texture of my skin, most evident on my neck.

I am pleased with my results enough that I will do another session (that I will be paying for) focusing on my jawline and neck.

Hi everyone, I decided to have another...

Hi everyone,

I decided to have another Ultherapy treatment on Wednesday, October 5th!

I was due for my thrice yearly Botox/Restylane injections but this time I felt I didn't need it in the same way I had before. Sure, I could have used a bit of refreshing but not in that "Oh, sh*t, my face is melting!" way. The only answer possible reason for this improvement is the Ultherapy treatment I had in May. So, I decided to take my injectibles budget, roll the dice, add a 50% more $$ and try another Ultherapy treatment.

I have no idea why but this time there was a lot more discomfort during the procedure. It's an ordeal, that's for sure. I needed a few breaks and used all the "distraction toys" the doctor offered. But when it's over, it's over.

I had some minor bruising on my lower cheek, about the size of a quarter, that manifested a day later. Must be a particularly sensitive place on my anatomy. I am sore along my jaw line, as I was the first time. I'm not sore along my temples, as I was in the past, and hope this isn't a sign of effectiveness or lack there of.

I'll keep y'all posted as my results unfold but I am optimistic. The nurse showed me another patients photos (unidentifiable, of course) and her results were insanely dramatic! I am always cynical of a manufacturer's photos advertising results but when it's from my dearly trusted medical team, seeing is believing.

Best,
Wendy
Dr. Seth Matarasso

Dr. M is brilliant, caring, cautious, and consistent. Oh, and colorful. I trust him completely and unconditionally recommend him.

Pictures please?
Wattle area: not much at all. That's why I'm interested in giving it another shot.
Age: 55 and slipping down that slippery slope :-)
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! Howmuch improvement would you say you got in that area alone? If you have already had it treated a 2nd time have you seen more improvement? Thanks so much for sharing. Also, would you mind sharing you age range? I'm just trying to get a mental picture of realistic result expectations for myself as I am contemplating the procedure.
I meant to ask how much improvment you got in the "wattle" area alone lol...need more coffee!
Hi Everyone,

PS Wendy are you seeing any results now?? Who was your doctor? I am seeking someone in san francisco......

thx.
p-
Dr. Seth Matarasso
490 Post Street
Seventh Floor
Are you seeing any results?
FYI: a "waddle" is a type of gait. A "wattle" is a growth or skin under the jaw.

Oh my you are so right, I'm quite embarrassed now. Well I still think it's funny, in both terms. :)

Thanks,

-Britt

It's all good. I thought it funny, too! :-)

Hi wendy,

How are you feeling today? At least being a model meant you didn't have to pay for it. I like how you said you had a "stupid wattle' that made me laugh. Here is some info from the company talking about Ultherapy it might provide some insight for the days to come. Also, many community members and doctors have mentioned that it can take up to three months to fully see results. Fellow ultherapy community member Fiftyandfab updated the community at 3 months so you might want to chat with them and check out their review. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

Hi Britt,

My jaw is sore and I have a small bruise on my left jaw line. Nothing serious or all that noticeable.

I did a fair amount of research before my treatment and spoke extensively to the Ulthera representative leading the training session, so, I think I have a good understanding of things to come.

I look forward to providing updates to y'all! And thanks for having an intelligent place to share information.

Hi Wendy,

Glad to hear you know what's coming. I think that is the most important part of happy healing. I'm glad RealSelf has been useful to you. Yes we can't wait to here how you're healing goes.

Thanks,