The Last Procedure in a Corrective Body Lift for Skin Removal After Gastric Bypass. -San Francisco, CA

I had gastric bypass surgery 8 years ago and...

I had gastric bypass surgery 8 years ago and because of this I've needed more than the usual amount of plastic surgery to deal with reconstruction for loose skin. I have had 3 surgeries at Pacific Heights Plastic Surgery, the most recent one was performed by Dr. Kaplan. I had an inner thigh lift and it had to be done by someone very skilled since it was the last stage after the body lift Dr. Brown had performed.

Let me first say that I love the office staff. They are all kind, quick to respond, and very supportive. Dr. Kaplan is personable, knowledgeable, and particularly desirable if you like to communicate over email. He responds very quickly. It was nice being able to write to my Dr. and his staff anytime day or night and know I wasn't bothering anyone for a non-emergency concern or question. I would always get a response quicker than I expected, often within the hour. The first night I came home I had a mild fever and my boyfriend and I were concerned. We called the Dr. at midnight and he called us back within 2 minutes and asked us about the symptoms and the temperature. He told us a mild fever was typical but to call back if it escalated, and I went back to sleep. By morning it went down and I had no complications throughout my recovery. I did however have lots of questions and I was able to manage my recovery and medication over the phone and through email. I live in San Jose and so Dr. Kaplan tried to make it so I could do most of my follow up appointments through emailed pictures since coming into the office was hard while I healed. Every time I have come into the office, Dr. Kaplan has been on time and available without keeping me any longer than necessary. It was great having quick appointments. I never had to worry, if I forgot to ask something I could email him and get an answer right away.

It is also obvious that Dr. Brown and Dr. Kaplan both value their patients needs and lifestyle and think very carefully about their patient's individual needs when planning a surgery. All my scars are in the best possible locations for my needs. The scar around my waist is under my panty line, my thigh scar Dr. Kaplan planned curves so it is hidden above my knee but near the front on my upper thigh so if I gained a little weight or I'm hiking a mountain, it won't get agitated if my thighs rub. He also adjusted his plan a tiny bit during surgery to give me an optimal situation for healing and to make sure my blood flow and nerves were protected to minimize any chance at complications or loss of feeling after healing. I would highly recommend this practice, the staff is amazing and both the doctors are highly qualified, knowledgeable, and have a confident and acceptable bedside manner.
Dr. Jonathan Kaplan

I think I mostly covered this in the above review. Both of the surgeons at this practice are fantastic. Dr. Brown is very friendly and attentive and the younger surgeon Dr. Kaplan who joined the practice is experienced, very communicative over any media, and on time to appointments which makes me feel he values my time as well as his.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss! If you don't mind sharing, did you have much pain with the thigh lift?
I'm really sensitive to pain. I found it quite miserable for 3 weeks and super uncomfortable for the first month and 1/2. My doctor and his nurse were really helpful in carefully managing my meds so I was comfortable. I'm also sensitive to medication so it was a little bit of a balancing act. I'm still taking it a couple times a week if I have to sit for a really long time. The compression garments they gave me were really fancy and tight, those helped a lot.
I also have a very low pain tolerance and I don't think I'm going to enjoy this process, but hopefully I'll be able to look back on it, after a few months and be glad I did it.

I'm glad your doctor was able to help you with pain meds, etc!