Great Experience with Dr Kim - San Francisco, CA

By the time I went to see Dr. Kim, I was pretty...

By the time I went to see Dr. Kim, I was pretty frustrated. I was born with a nose that was narrow with a pronounced hump at the top, and as someone with a very active lifestyle I managed to break my nose 4 times dating back to sports in High School. This left me with a severely deviated septum that I could barely breathe through, one that wasn't improved at all by a Septoplasty performed by an ENT a few years ago. When my breathing continued to worsen, I returned to the ENT whose only suggestion was to try the same procedure again and hope for a different result! Incredibly frustrated, I decided to investigate whether a more major procedure would increase the odds of fixing my breathing problems. When I met with Dr Kim, he patiently walked me through the structural issues in my nose and why they prevented my previous Septoplasty procedure from fixing my breathing. I told Dr Kim my goals were to be able to breathe comfortably through my nose and not require another later surgery. We agreed to do a hybrid functional/cosmetic procedure, which Dr Kim expected would fix my breathing, approve the appearance of my nose, and make it much more structurally stable, thus reducing the odds of re-injury. I'm only one month out from surgery but I think I can safely say that Dr Kim delivered on all three of those promises, and I am absolutely thrilled with the result. The difference in my breathing is night and day, and from sleeping to eating to exercising the improvement has been dramatic. Aesthetically, the comment on the appearance from all my friends is that it looks great but still very much looks like my nose, just straighter and smoothed out. I would classify my procedure as a very successful.
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

What I appreciated most about Dr Kim was his candor and honesty throughout the process on limitations and risks of the procedure. He did a great job explaining the entire procedure and thoughtfully answered and addressed all my questions and concerns. I felt very comfortable and informed when I made my decision, and continued to feel that way throughout the process. Both his office staff and surgery staff were professional, knowledgeable, and courteous, and contributed to my having a great experience. I would highly recommend Dr Kim to others, as I had a very positive experience from start to finish and was totally satisfied with my end result

Thanks for sharing your experience on RealSelf! I'm glad this was such a success for you.

That's great and thank you for sharing.  So glad that you're able to breath better.  I am also in need of surgery to fix both functional and appearance. I would love to see your photos if you would consider sharing them with us.  I may be consulting with Kim in the near future.  Did he use any grafts?  Thank you.