Outstanding Revision Rhinoplasty Results - San Francisco, CA

Forty two years ago (yes, 42) at the age of 15, I...

Forty two years ago (yes, 42) at the age of 15, I made the mistake of having my first rhinoplasty done. Six years later, I had a second one done to try to correct the first one. The results were less than desirable, but I lived with the results for decades until this year. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, but after flying as far as Chicago to interview doctors, I decided on Dr. Kim. It was an excellent decision. He did exactly what I wanted and I am delighted with my results. I did not want to radically change my appearance, but the previous rhinoplasties had left me with a rounded blob instead of a profile. Using a part of my rib, Dr. Kim rebuilt my nose and gave me back my profile, despite having a lot of scar tissue to have to work with. The procedure was painless and thanks to his amazing anesthesiologist, Dr. Ellis, I felt no pain and miraculously absolutely no nausea post-op, which I always do after general anesthesia. There were two or three days of discomfort right after surgery, but nothing terrible. After one week, I was going out to dinner with friends. One friend, a nurse, could not believe how little swelling there was. I am now a little over four months post-op and my nose keeps getting better looking as the tip swelling continues to go down. The procedure took 5.5 hours and was worth every cent. I just wish I had found Dr. Kim and had it done sooner. Also, before this procedure I have never before really considered a face lift, but after seeing how natural looking Dr. Kim's results are, when I am ready for one, he and Dr. Ellis will be my doctors.
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Besides his wonderful cosmetic surgery skills, Dr. Kim is a good listener with an excellent bedside manner. He has a gentle manner, which was important to me because I was extremely nervous about having revision rhinoplasty. I also appreciated his choice of office staff; they were supportive and responsive. The surgery center experience was outstanding as well, and kudos to Dr. Ellis, his anesthesiologist, for getting me through over 5.5 hours of surgery without nausea and vomiting, unheard of for me I am so sensitive to anesthesia.

Congrats on your successful surgery! I'm researching revision surgeons who can use rib. I'd love to see your before & after photos if you're willing to share!

That's a long time to wait! Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf.

I am glad you finally found the surgeon. Congrats.
do u have b4 & after pics? your story & mine are very very similar. my revision is dec.5. I cant wait to see your pics :) sohhappy for you!! u deserve it
I just responded to another email you sent me. I am headed off for Thanksgiving vacation for a couple weeks, but I will contact Dr. Kim's office and ask that they send me the pictures they took before and after (I've seen him three times post-op). I will upload them as soon as I can.
yes ty I replied to your email! Happiest of holidays!