Age 60 with a 95 Year Old Neck - San Francisco, CA

Good with the eyes but be careful. When I...

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Good with the eyes but be careful. When I initially went in about my eyes, Dr. Barnett quickly focused on my chin and did something different there - took out way too much fat and now I look 30 years older from the chin down - real bad turkey neck. I see it every time I look in the mirror - makes me VERY self conscious. Be careful to tell Dr. Barnett the day before the procedure if you do not wish any students to be involved in the operation (not even to observe!). What he did with me was ask me on the morning of the procedure, after I was already doped up and too out of it... Sometimes I have to wonder if the Asian student was the one who removed too much fat from my neck... I'll never know... Now I have to save up another $10,000 to get this fixed :(

Hi jpatlake. I'm so sorry that you've been dealing with this for 14 years of your life already. What a terrible ordeal. I can see how you might wonder if a student did the bad job on you. When a prospective patient reads this, they might think that a "skilled" surgeon would not have had this outcome, but I read so many reviews about plastic surgeons and the resultant liposuction disasters! When healthy fat is sucked out of the body, it can leave the patient with loose skin, or even with skin grafted to the body, plus other negative health and cosmetic effects. It's disheartening to see so much iatrogenic harm. Best wishes to you.
jpatlake I am so sorry that happened to you. Have you had a second opinion from another plastic surgeon yet? I would be interested to hear what he/she advises, as I also had a PS lipo too much fat from my neck, and am looking for revision.
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!