My Chin Implant Story - San Francisco, CA

My story sounds pretty much like most people here....

My story sounds pretty much like most people here. Ever since I realized from my size profile that I had a weak chin, I've became very self conscious about it. Most of the time, I either fake it by extending the lower jaw when being photographed or when I am aware that I was being observed. Or I would get really upset whenever I found a side profile picture taken without warning. All these insecurity should have told me to get an implant long ago. But I hv waited for 20yrs and finally have done it!

I started reseaching two months ago. My initial plan was to have it done in South Korea. After choosing the plastic surgery clinic, made all the reservations, and consulting with couple local plastic surgeons, i felt that it's probably not necessary to fly to Korea for just a chin implant. So, I decided to get new chin locally.

I want the result of my face to look more "V" shaped, elongated, not round or squared. So my surgeon and I decided on the extended anatomical chin would be best. He thought I could use a size M or L implant during the initial meeting. When I went back the 2nd time to measure and tried on the sizes, he thought size L would be best for my case. I was worried that it might be to wide or squared. He assured me that i will not look awkward with size L, and he would trim both sides of the silicone to give a more tapered effect. I liked the suggestion and decide to proceed.

It has already been three days since I had my surgery. It's hard to believe how seamless it was. I took some pills, then I was asked to lay down, listened to music and relax. My doctor injected a few anesthesia around the chin area, covered my face leaving an opening for the chin and started working. I was awake but didn't feel the pain. It felt like
as I was getting my teeth done.

I didn't feel much pain after the surgery so I haven't been taking vicodines. So far, things are going as I expected. My doctor said it usually get more swollen on the third day of post surgery. And it really is. I only had soup in the last two days. Today, I started having some pan cakes n eggs for breakfast and found that mouth was't able to open wide. There is some resistance and tightness as I tried to stretch my jaw. Part of it could be from the elastic head corset I have been wearing since the surgery. This is where I am right now. I will keep you at dated and hope to share some pictures soon.
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Would you mind giving us an update and maybe some pictures? It really helps the rest of us make good decisions. Thank you.

Congrats on getting your chin implant done!! Are things still feeling tight when you try to eat, or is it getting easier?

P.S. Please don't forget to post your pictures - I'm looking forward to seeing them!! :)