Permanently Damaged my Skin (Fat Loss) and Caused Hyper Pigmentation - San Francisco, CA

I had "Fraxel" done to reduce some brown spots on...

I had "Fraxel" done to reduce some brown spots on my face, which I had developed over the years despite consistent use of sun blockers.

Weeks after the first treatment I noticed lines appear on my face (marionette, forehead, eyes). When I reported this to the clinic I was told that this was normal and temporary as the skin was rebuilding. I did a second treatment which caused hyper pigmentation within days.

It's been a year now. My brown spots and hyper pigmentation won't go away despite use of creams and consistent use of sun blocks. The lines in my face continued getting worse and my cheeks started to look hallow. When I asked two dermatologists about this I was told that it is not possible to happen from the laser. I then asked a plastic surgeon and was told that this is not possible to happen from the laser. I then asked, what if they used the wrong setting or an older machine. She then said, yes, that it would be possible to cause this damage!!!

I've aged 10 years as a result of this treatment.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE LASERS!!! THEY CAN RUIN YOUR LIFE!!! DO NOT TRUST ANY DERMATOLOGIST OR ASSISTANT, AS THEY CAN MAKE MISTAKES AND CAN BE MISINFORMED.
Anonymous