Lateral Brow Lift - San Francisco, CA

I had mild to moderate hooding of the upper...

I had mild to moderate hooding of the upper eyelids, which made me look somewhat tired. I also felt it was affecting my night driving because I was distracted by stars and halos around bright lights, which improved if I raised my brows and opened my eyes wide. However, visual field testing by my ophthalmologist did not qualify me for medical coverage for surgery. During discussions about my apprehensions over eyelid surgery my plastic surgeon, Dr. Gabriel Kind, mentioned that a brow lift might be helpful, and I chose to try it before committing to upper lid surgery.

Apparently, there are a number of different brow lift techniques, and some can affect various facial lines and creases. I have some mild horizontal lines across the forehead and a moderate vertical scowl line between the brows. The temporal brow lift didn't seem to improve or worsen these lines.

I think my lids and brows have settled a bit as they have healed, but they still look better than before surgery and my night vision has definitely improved. The change is subtle, with the brows still in a natural position and no “surprised” look. I can still feel the temporal incisions, but they are well-hidden in the hairline. I have some persistent scalp numbness which continues to slowly improve as time passes. I haven’t ruled out upper lid surgery for the future, but I’m holding off for now as I’m pleased with the results of the brow lift.
Dr. Gabriel Kind

As I've mentioned in my other procedure reviews, Dr. Gabriel Kind is experienced, patient, professional, and respectful, and I have found the same to be true of everyone in his office. He is particularly generous with his breast cancer patients and he truly seems to enjoy his work. I highly recommend him!

I'm glad this has gone well for you. That's great! We'd love to know a bit more about your healing process, such as were your first few days after recovery like?
It has been a while and the cosmetic issues have seemed minor overall compared to the breast cancer issues. I do not remember having much pain or bruising at all after the brow lift, but I do remember things not looking too pretty for a few weeks. The staples were removed at one week. They used some sort of goop to move the hair out of the area during the procedure and it took at least a week before my hair felt really clean once I could start washing it. One brow seemed a little "sluggish" compared to the other, but that resolved within a few weeks. As I mentioned, I have had persistent numbness in the crown of my scalp, but it seems to still be slowly improving so I'm hopeful that it will completely resolve eventually.