Totally Worth It - San Francisco, CA

I finally worked up the nerve to go through with a...

I finally worked up the nerve to go through with a labiaplasty in 2011. It was the best thing I've done in a long time. The procedure takes about 40 minutes plus about 20 minutes for prep (just topical numbing) and another 10 minutes post-op recovery time.

I actually chatted with my surgeon the entire time which was super wierd, but kinda of comforting as well. The first and half after the surgery is uncomfortable to be sure. However, after about 5 weeks, I was almost completely healed. It turns out that there are lots of women who have had this procedure done - it appears to be quite common.

My biggest regret is that I wish I had done it sooner. If I had realized how simple the procedure is and the amazing benefits, I would have done it in high school!

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Rajagopol is great and her pricing is very reasonable and transparent. For me, a female surgeon was a must, and Dr. Rajagopol made me feel very comfortable. Also, she was able to fit me in for the surgery right away. Everyone is different, but if you are considering a labiaplasty, I would recommoned that you see her for at least a consult (might be a good idea to consult with more than one doctor so you feel very comfortable with your final choice). Good luck!

Thanks so much for posting your experience in the labiaplasty community of RealSelf! Curious about the benefits...what would you say has changed for the better since your procedure?