College Female - San Francisco, CA

I was self conscious about my labia minora for...

I was self conscious about my labia minora for years, and also dealt with physical discomfort with certain activities. For a long time I contemplated if it was something I could ever feel completely comfortable about. When I determined that it wasn't, I looked into surgery and started saving up. My decision to go to Dr. Rajagopal is one without regrets. She was thorough in her explanation of the surgery and immediately made me feel at ease. She has a very relaxing and warm demeanor which is especially comforting when dealing with something that can feel embarrassing. The surgery itself was painless and lasted under 30 minutes. The next 3 days I experienced little pain and swelling, but was sure to follow her directions closely. It started peaking in swelling around day 4, and was at its height at days 5 and 6. My only minor complaint is that I expected to return to work after 3-4 days, but due to the swelling I was unable to walk normally. Thus, I suggest taking a full week off if undergoing this surgery. I was pretty uncomfortable at days 4-6, although I refrained from using pain medication. By about day 7 the swelling went down significantly and now 10 days post op I am still healing, but it looks as though it has already achieved its full results! I can't believe after years of being extremely self conscious it only took a 30 minute surgery and 10 days to finally feel comfortable and confident about my body!
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

Welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your story with us :) I am so happy that you are satisfied with your results and feel comfortable again. People wouldn't think that this would cause such discomfort both physically and mentally, but it can. It is pretty amazing how 30 min can change your life :) Did you take before and after pictures?