Highly Recommended for Rhinoplasty - San Francisco, CA

I wanted to correct two imperfections in my nose:...

I wanted to correct two imperfections in my nose: a crooked bridge (caused by childhood trauma) and a pointed tip. The procedure took 4 hours and was not painful. I had a bad sinus headache for several days, and some eye bruising. I was able to return to work after 9 days with just a minor nasal drip.

Thanks for sharing! Were there any post op supplies that really helped you during recovery?

Hi Angie! The two main things I needed post-op were cotton balls and Q-tips. Stock up a huge bag of each! The nosebleeds during the first week were constant and intense, like a leaky faucet that wouldn't shut off. Even after the bleeding stopped, I still had a nasal mucus drip that lasted a very long time. You will definitely need a huge inventory of cotton balls to stuff your nostrils, kleenex to dab the dripping, and Q-tips to apply anti-bacterial ointment to your stitches. As for meds, most of the meds my doctor prescribed were not necessary. I didn't have much pain so I didn't need the Oxycontin; I didn't have any nausea or anxiety, so I didn't need those meds either. My doctor prescribed a total of 6 medications, only one of which I even used. So be judicious when choosing which prescriptions you really need filled.
Great review. Thank you. Would you mind posting some before and after pics so we can get an idea of his work?
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Chiu-Collins understood exactly what I wanted at my first consultation. She is very patient, attentive, and knowledgeable. She called me almost every day during my recovery, and made sure the changes I wanted were not too drastic. I am extremely pleased with the result. My nose looks exactly how I envisioned it in my head, but not so obvious that others noticed the change.