Fraxel - No Pain, No Gain - San Francisco, CA

I did a lot of research about Fraxel before going...

I did a lot of research about Fraxel before going through the procedure. So I knew that it wouldn't be a work of magic.

About the treatment: it is very painful and it takes about a week to recover, forget about that "going back to work the same day" thing. You will look red and swollen for days, and the higher the intensity of the laser, the longer it takes to recover.

I did 4 sessions, the first at 45, the second at 55, the third at 65 and the fourth at 70 (which is the maximum for the laser used on my treatment). My treatment was for acne scars so it has to be very aggressive for optimum results.

I am very happy with the results. I had Fraxel done for acne scars and saw about a 70% improvement!
Loved the med spa where I had it done and the nurse was aswesome.

Hope you also get great results with your fraxel. Now I am looking to get some IPL too!

Hi there, I paid $1000 for each. You are the first person that I see saying that Fraxel didn't hurt, for me it did hurt a lot but since my results were so good, it's definitely worth it. I am considering doing one more, are you happy with your results?
overall yes, but my settings were not as strong as yours. I had one chicken pox scar that I really wanted to smooth out and he went overly aggressive on it. That particular spot was healing for 2 weeks. it's smoother overall. My face is great, i can wear sheer make up now. It looks better than when I was 19 (just looked at the picture.) I do recommend doing the eyes too. They use eye shields for that (sort of like contact lens only made out of some sturdy material, he puts some anesthetic eye drops before that.) Face didn't hurt maybe because i didn't eat much before taking the valium. I almost fell asleep when the session started. My face is not puffy after Fraxel but eyes are. When you had 65 and 70, did it make your skin raw at all?
did you really pay $1,000 for 4 sessions of full face Fraxel? The best deal I got form them was $1,999 for 3 sessions. I had 55 on the 3rd time which was my overall #5 Fraxel treatment. It didn't hurt a bit and I went back to work on the 3rd day. The face was allright on the next day really, it's the eyes that were really-really puffy (I did the eyes also for the extra $$)
Aura Skin Spa

I had previously use Aura Skin Spa's services for laser hair removal and loved them. I was so pleased to come back to the same level of service and professionalism for my Fraxel treatment.