37 Year Old, 4 Kids, Minor "Nip/tuck" Sought, Upper Eylids - San Francisco, CA

Dr Maas seemed attentive, listening and...

Dr Maas seemed attentive, listening and comprehending my desire -- AT FIRST -- for a small improvement to refresh my upper eyelids. He SEEMED to get that i was looking for a completely natural effect, just a more rested version of MYSELF. He did NOT get it at all. He is an act, all an act. He absolutely ruined my eyes, which were beautiful. He over corrected and left me looking hollow, gauged out, OLDER, sunken and like a stranger to myself. All who know me felt horrified for me, this man SCARES me and i cannot believe he's still in practice, he had his student fellow do most of the work -- i know bc I woke temporarily from the IV sedation to find Dr L.arry D. Sewing me up...practicing two types of stitches, one on each eye. My experience with Cory Maas is that he's a dangerous ego who does not have genuine respect for the individual lives behind each of us, his patients. If he gets a chance to do surgery on you, you're a "face." ("Ive got a face," I overheard him say on the phone, when I was despairing over the results of my surgery in the next room. It's one of those clarifying moments that I will never forget. My advice: RUN! I, happy to provide photos of my before/after to anyone who wants proof.)
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had a similar experience with a doctor who has since retired, leaving me with a hollow look and scleral show on bottom lids. I'm now trying to find a good doctor to correct the problem. I've had appointments with Dr. Peter Levin in Mountain View and Dr. Rona Silkiss in Palo Alto. If anyone has doctor recommendations for doing corrections, would love to hear your suggestions.
OMG I am so sorry this happened to you and I am just horrified. I know someone that wants to go to Dr Maas and must warn them. I would very much appreciate if you could provide before and after pictures. Thanks so much.
I would be happy to. I need to dig them up out of a recent home remodel, scan, then send. It's been years since but I feel strongly that people should be warned about Dr Maas. I would never want the same devastating experience to happen to someone else. Just give me a few days to dig up the pics. Thanks
Thanks so much, it would a great deal to me before I make a decision.
Oh dear. I am sorry you have had this horrible experience. I hope you can find someone to help. There seems to be some good docs on the west coast.