Unilateral Otoplasty - San Francisco, CA

After going through a lengthy reconstruction...

After going through a lengthy reconstruction process for breast cancer (separate review), I really struggled with the decision to opt for a surgical solution for a "minor" problem like uneven ears. Neither ear protruded greatly, but they just weren't quite a matched set. Apparently, it was not very noticeable to anyone but me, but it still bothered me. Dr. Kind offered the option of a very minor adjustment (pinning) of just the left ear to bring it into better visual alignment with the right. That subtle change was a great solution.

There is still some numbness around the ear, but the incision looks good and I know it takes a while for the body to fully heal. I'm very happy that I proceeded with the surgery.

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

I am well-acquainted with Dr. Kind due to my breast cancer and reconstruction history so I already felt very comfortable with him as a surgeon and with asking lots of questions. On the flip side, he is also well-acquainted with me so he is always prepared for my long list of questions and answers them patiently. He and Dr. Chang have a great PA (Candice), but Dr. Kind deals very directly with his patients himself. As I wrote in my previous review, Dr. Kind's main goal for any surgery is the happiness of his patient.