5 Days After Neck Lift - So Happy with Results - San Francisco, CA

I had a neck lift 5 days ago and am thrilled with...

I had a neck lift 5 days ago and am thrilled with my results already, even though I'm still fairly swollen and bruised. I have felt no pain thus far in recovery, and have only taken Tylenol 4 times (had no need to take prescribed Vicodin). My neck has felt tight and sore, but nothing significant. The numbness around my ears is the most bothersome feeling, and I assume feeling will come back over next few weeks. I've been using arnica oil on my bruises which seems to be helping a little bit. I was not given a compression garment for my neck, so I created my own using a thin ace bandage. This has significantly helped with neck swelling.

6 wks post neck lift.... Still healing

Let me start off by saying, I look fantastic. However, I'm a bit frustrated that I'm still so swollen, bruised and numb. The bruising is on the side of my neck and my PS recommended IPL ( which I refuse to pay for) but he did say the bruising will go away eventually. Until then....make up.

The swelling is the worst. Still wearing bands every night to bed and sleeping elevated to minimize am swelling. This is killing me. I have to take sleep aids now. I don't regret the procedure, but had no idea I'd be 6- wks post and still talking about swelling. Getting better week by week, but just not fast enough for me.

On a side note, the tightness that many people complain about, I actually enjoy. There are moments when you feel strangled, but all in all, it's a good feeling bc it reminds you of how awesome your new jawline looks. No complaints there.

I'll post again in another month. Hopefully I'll have my post-ops pics back by then.
Ciao!
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr Maas thoroughly listened to my concerns and requests and artfully gave me the look I was hoping for. He and his staff are amazingly kind and professional, and I would recommend him as a facial surgeon without hesitation.

I'm glad you're happy so far! We'd love to see your photos so we can visualize your transformation--so helpful for others considering a neck lift.

Please keep us posted as you continue to heal!

They will take pics at 1 month follow up. I didnt think about taking my own pre-op pics. Will have update early aug