David Kim MD Rhinoplasty - San Francisco, CA

Having broken my nose twice it was really...

Having broken my nose twice it was really bothering me, aesthetically and breathing wise. I checked out a few surgeons but after meeting Dr. Kim I was sure he was going to be the doctor I would work with. I really am delighted with the result, my husband even says it's better than the original version before the accidents and I do have to agree with him. The result is lovely and natural and my ability to breath well has gone from night to day, I had no idea how bad it was I had become so used to squeezing air through the scar tissue that was in there. I am sleeping way better now too and my husband reports no snoring. I'm not hiding from the camera anymore either, which is a lovely feeling! Dr. Kim is frank, informative and he has a great team of professional and competent people working with him.

Photos of before and after

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for posting photos with your review.  I recently consulted with Dr. Kim and have become a fan.  Please keep us updated on your recovery.  Congratulations on a successful surgery.
Very grateful for your review! It is seldom that I find reviews on Dr. Kim with photographs. Your nose looks terrific and is the nice natural result I feel I should have received the first time around! I hope you continue to enjoy your nose. May I ask if any cartilage grafting was involved? Thanks for sharing!
Hello, I didn't need one but Dr. Kim had warned me it might be necessary but he'd really only know once he got in there. I'm so sorry your op. was a disaster for you, it would have sent me to a dark place if this had not gone well . Best of luck in your search and it can be fixed so just be patient, wait the year to heal and then it will be done with.

You're gorgeous either way, but your nose looks really nice now! Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! What would you say was the hardest part of recovery for you?

Thank you for the compliment. Hardest part of recovery was mouth breathing at night, it was so uncomfortable! I had a humidifier on by the bed which helped a bit and a sports bottle of water beside me so I could just grab it and get some moisture in when needed and I found if I kept a sheet over my mouth it trapped a bit of moisture so I could at least fall asleep but I would never stay asleep! It was such a countdown to get the post op. visit completed and I was back to normal right away.
You look beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Thank you! I had him do a subtle tip reduction too while he was in there and I was nervous about it but I'm very happy, he did a good job with it.
Looks great and very natural!!
I agree it would be nice to see some photos to actually see how good Dr Kim is, but i don't seem to have stumbled across him on Real Self before so thank you for sharing! I have seen Dr Kim on youtube and am almost obsessed with his videos -he really knows what he's talking about! And he seems like a really great man too, i am considering him and another doctor. Thank you again for sharing!
Done! He was very honest and realistic about the limits he was working with as the hump was pretty bad and it was quite crooked but as you can see he was able to work it back to smooth and straight really well. He told me there was a lot of scar tissue inside and as I've said my breathing is so good now it really has improved my ability to enjoy a work out and sleep well. Well worth it.
Congrats. Would be nice to see ur photos.
done!