Creepy Looking Neck Lift Result -San Francisco, CA

I am 48 yrs.old in excellent health and not over...

I am 48 yrs.old in excellent health and not over weight. On 9/30/ 2013 I had a neck lift. My concern right now is that it is now almost 3 months post -op and my neck is still not smooth where the incision was made for liposuction. The area under my chin is lumpy, bumpy and a bit wrinkled looking. Would this still be normal at this time of recovery? Can I expect this to smooth out in time (soon)? I have HUGE concerns about my neck.

Thank you for sharing your story. Did you only have lipo or did you get a full neck lift as well? Who is your Dr?
I had this same procedure - shockingly, this is normal. Do not panic. At around month 6-7 your neck will finally start looking normal again. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's true. I am at 10 months post op and I don't think I looked really normal until around month 6. Hang in there. Breathe. I promise you are going to look okay.
Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your story and posting your photos. You look great overall (from what I can see in the pictures)! You might want to also post this as a question for doctors in the Q&A community here.

Here's what some doctors say about incisions after neck lifts and lipo

How are you feeling physically now that you're three months post op?

Time is our BEST friend, here...!!!

Hi all...Just to keep you posted that in the last week I have seen a HUGE improvement ...I am adding photos to show. The swelling is going down by the minute. I have been drinking a lot of water and walking a lot more and I think that this has also helped. Keep hanging in there!!!!!

I just had a neck lift with lipo in early April. I'm still very lumpy and bumpy under the chin with substantial swelling as well. I posted a question with pictures to the doctors on this site and most of they said lumps and numbness are normal and to be patient (I'm 5 weeks post op tomorrow). Then one doctor posted a response saying my results aren't normal and I'll probably need corrective surgery. I'm a little freaked out. If I had known how hard this recovery would be, I don't think I would have undergone the procedure. I just hope that time and patience will make things better.

9 months post op

just a short update...it is getting better. i took these pics this month.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.