55 Year Old Male With Belly and Love Handles - San Francisco, CA

I've tried to stay in relatively good shape most...

I've tried to stay in relatively good shape most of my adult life after being overweight throughout my childhood and teen years. My whole family is very overweight and we've all battled our weight most of our lives. Over the years, no matter how much I exercise or maintain a good eating regime, I've always had a protruding belly and love handles except for a few times when I did some extreme weight loss which was impossible for me to maintain. This year I started researching things like Lipo because I was tired of my waist always looking larger than my chest. Lipo just didn't feel right for me. Then I stumbled across CoolSculpting and was intrigued. And it turned out that one of my best friend's plastic surgeon whom he swears by - Dr. Michael Echavez - performs it. I read dozens of the reviews on here before making the decision to go for it.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I had mostly no pain, (though the procedure itself at the beginning of the treatment is a bit uncomfortable for about 15 minutes), very little bruising (some on my flanks, none on my belly) and no nerve pain in the days/weeks following and really no need for any pain killers. I definitely had all the swelling and numbness for several weeks. I didn't see any results until about 8 weeks after the procedure. Then I really starting noticing the difference. The very noticeable "ridge mound" between the flat part of my pubic bone and the bottom of my protruding abdomen really began to shrink and flatten out. That was a big deal for me. And my love handles began to become smaller. I'm very happy with the results. I'm going back for a second round of treatments to get rid of the elongated "doughnut" of fat around my navel and to take away more of my love handles, especially around on my back now that the fat on my two sides has reduced.

Jersey boy. Had it done 1 week ago. Cramping in belly although it may be ab exercises. Still numb. I was told drink water water water. How much did you drink daily?
About 8 glasses of water daily. Been about 5 weeks, and, so far, nothing noticeable. Workoutabout 5-7 hours a week and eat wisely, so not losing hope yet.
I'm hoping that I'm lucky and do lose 20%

Six weeks after second round of cool sculpt

I'm so happy and amazed at how different my midsection looks these days. Clothes fit me so much better. Shirts hanging straight instead of bulging out around the midsection. I can even wear close fitting tank tops for the first time since I was in my 30s-and they actually look good on me. I might do one more touch up on my left side because that side has always been a little bit larger than my right and then I'm done. And I really couldn't be happier.

I think BayAreaMan looks great! The nurse that did my coolsculpture told me that if I had more "fur" like BayAreaMan it would look better meaning the hairy chest would accent areas better. Very well done and glad it worked for you.
Congrats! Looking great and i am so happy you go the results you expected. YAHOOOOO!
U can tell from my pictures? I'm at the magical four weeks. And I really don't see a big difference.
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon