55 Year Old Male With Belly and Love Handles - San Francisco, CA

I've tried to stay in relatively good shape most...

I've tried to stay in relatively good shape most of my adult life after being overweight throughout my childhood and teen years. My whole family is very overweight and we've all battled our weight most of our lives. Over the years, no matter how much I exercise or maintain a good eating regime, I've always had a protruding belly and love handles except for a few times when I did some extreme weight loss which was impossible for me to maintain. This year I started researching things like Lipo because I was tired of my waist always looking larger than my chest. Lipo just didn't feel right for me. Then I stumbled across CoolSculpting and was intrigued. And it turned out that one of my best friend's plastic surgeon whom he swears by - Dr. Michael Echavez - performs it. I read dozens of the reviews on here before making the decision to go for it.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I had mostly no pain, (though the procedure itself at the beginning of the treatment is a bit uncomfortable for about 15 minutes), very little bruising (some on my flanks, none on my belly) and no nerve pain in the days/weeks following and really no need for any pain killers. I definitely had all the swelling and numbness for several weeks. I didn't see any results until about 8 weeks after the procedure. Then I really starting noticing the difference. The very noticeable "ridge mound" between the flat part of my pubic bone and the bottom of my protruding abdomen really began to shrink and flatten out. That was a big deal for me. And my love handles began to become smaller. I'm very happy with the results. I'm going back for a second round of treatments to get rid of the elongated "doughnut" of fat around my navel and to take away more of my love handles, especially around on my back now that the fat on my two sides has reduced.

Six weeks after second round of cool sculpt

I'm so happy and amazed at how different my midsection looks these days. Clothes fit me so much better. Shirts hanging straight instead of bulging out around the midsection. I can even wear close fitting tank tops for the first time since I was in my 30s-and they actually look good on me. I might do one more touch up on my left side because that side has always been a little bit larger than my right and then I'm done. And I really couldn't be happier.
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

I think BayAreaMan looks great! The nurse that did my coolsculpture told me that if I had more "fur" like BayAreaMan it would look better meaning the hairy chest would accent areas better. Very well done and glad it worked for you.
Congrats! Looking great and i am so happy you go the results you expected. YAHOOOOO!
U can tell from my pictures? I'm at the magical four weeks. And I really don't see a big difference.
Jersey boy. Had it done 1 week ago. Cramping in belly although it may be ab exercises. Still numb. I was told drink water water water. How much did you drink daily?
About 8 glasses of water daily. Been about 5 weeks, and, so far, nothing noticeable. Workoutabout 5-7 hours a week and eat wisely, so not losing hope yet.
I'm hoping that I'm lucky and do lose 20%
It seems to have mostly positive results, but, like all things, people's bodies all respond differently. Best wishes to you!
A
Congrats my fellow Bay Area Brother on RS :) I am going to do cool sculpting in November and i hope i can get th results i want, Are you pleased so far? Have a Happy Labor Day!
If you don't have alot of fat, it might be good, although, I am a month out, and have no improvement yet, they told me to wait another month. I have had liposuction before, and that is very effective. My 33 year old son has love handles and some belly fat, and Dr. Jay Burns recommended lipo for him. Rather pay more, but get guaranteed results.
Yeah, I'm insanely pleased with the results ;) I can't believe how much better I look, how much better I look in shirts and jeans. Now my waist literally dies into my hips rather than there being a "spare tire" of fat around my mid-section and just above my hips. Has made a huge difference. I had a second round about three weeks ago to take a bit more off - the doughnut of fat surrounding my navel and some of the love handle fat that was more on my lower back than my sides. I have to say, the CoolSculpt around my navel was the most painful of all - felt like I had really baaad, cramping gas but it only lasted about 15 minutes and then that went away. Once again, I had no bruising. I had all the swelling and now the itching but no negative after effects like bruising or nerve pain. Looking forward to seeing how it looks in about 6 more weeks.
Understood. I didn't see any results for 8 weeks and thought at 4 weeks that maybe it didn't work. I researched lipo and for whatever reason, it didn't feel like the right thing for me personally.
How long did it take to see results? I work out regularly, weights and cardio and watch what I eat.
Thanks for your experience, gives me hope!
I have like 2 and half inches to get rid of,not bad and my surgeon said i was a great candidate for cool sculpt. With my dark latina skin he didn't want me to have all the scars. I was told it only takes 20% of the fat cells and takes 6 months. I hope it works. Thank you.
Yeah my surgeon said i wouldn't like all the scars and i am dark of latina background so i was checking out reviews. I wanted smart-lipo but not all the problems from that,down time and scars.
Wow! This helps me,thanks i do appreciate it and i hope you love your results real soon. TGIF!!
Yeah, I was told 25%. Whatever the percentage was, I'm super happy with the results. If you get a decent result the first time around, don't be afraid to go back for more - it's worth it for sure.
Yeah, I was told 25%. Whatever the percentage was, it definitely made a big difference for me.
You're more than welcome.
For me it took two months before I really started seeing the results. I thought after three or four weeks that maybe it didn't work for me and started feeling discouraged. But by the eight week it was very noticeably different.
I hear you. I just didn't want the invasiveness of Lipo. Plus I heard -thoughI could be wrong about this-that Laipo separates the facia from the skin and as an older man, I didn't want to chance that. I didn't want to come out of lipo with a bunch of saggy skin that would require me to then go for a tummy tuck. Have you seen how serious the scar is from a tummy tech? It literally stretches from one hip onto the next hipbone! I could never have that.
i was told 20%. Thanks
This Coolsculpting just seems "too good to be true", so if the invasive liposuction is not needed and can be solved by this procedure, I am 100 percent for it. I had lipo 7 years ago before this was available.....the marvels of medical science! If only there was a cure for cellulite, the world would be a prettier place,lol!
Enjoy your Labor Day!