Sientra 465HP! - San Francisco, CA

Hello ladies! I've been browsing the forum for a...

Hello ladies! I've been browsing the forum for a while & now I'm super excited to share my story with all of you!

First let me share my stats: 24 years old, 5'4" 120lbs, no kids- going with Sientra smooth round HP 465cc silicone implants.
When it comes to sizes- This was the most difficult decision for me. Choosing the size, manufacturer, and profile of my implants was a huge decision that I did not take lightly! I read the studies, clinical data, and statistics until I was blue in the face! My surgeon was very patient, honest, and understanding which helped a lot. He made sure I fully understood the pros and cons of every choice and helped me weigh the benefits and consequences- thank you Dr. Fan! I finally settled on Sientra because of the lesser chance of capsular contracture- I'm young and I want these things to be the safest and last as long as possible!
Anyway, I chose 465cc HP because my BBW (Breast base width) is 13cm and I learned that choosing an implant that is close, if not a few mm smaller than your BW is ideal. Originally, I was gonna go with Mod+ profile, and yeah that might fit my tissues better, but I've read a million times about girls that "wish they went bigger" and I def want to be happy with my end result.

My surgery is this Friday & I'm super excited but really nervous too! I've never had any type of surgery- I haven't even gotten my wisdom teeth removed ha! I'm sure I'll be fine, I have tons of support from my family and my boyfriend so we'll see how this goes :)

I posted a before pic just to give you guys an idea of my body shape and what I'm starting with (about 36A) hopefully they won't be too big!

Wish me luck!!! :)

Post Op

Got out of surgery a few hours ago- feeling okay actually. My back is pretty sore and it's hard to lift my arms but other than that I'm feeling alright surprisingly! I'll try to post some post op pics later.. They look great- I'm so so so excited :) :)

Post op pics

Day of surgery! Feeling pretty good.. Can't wait til they drop and fluff :) I was so worried that they were gonna be too big, but I feel like they're perfect!

Post op Day 2

Hi ladies! So last night, the pain got kinda bad and in addition to my pain killers I NEEDED ice packs. I kinda forgot about those- but they help soo much! After some pills and those ice packs I was able to fall asleep (sitting up of course). I didn't wake up until about 4am when I needed another dose of pain meds. I was finally able to put a bralette on today too.. I'll post a pic.

Up & about

Feeling pretty good- going to the grocery store to get some things to grill :)

Post Op Day 5

Almost back to normal.. Just some pain at night & of course super stiff in the mornings- hope that gets better soon! I'm getting pretty sick of sleeping on my back too. Has anyone used a body pillow to help you maneuver on to your side?

I was so surprised that my recovery wasn't that bad. I know it's far from over, but I was thinking I was going to be down and out for weeks. Especially considering I've never had kids and my implants are a decent size. My doctor says its a big mental thing, and has a lot to do with your tolerance and attitude towards difficult things in general. I'm pretty independent anyway- I never depend on anyone to do anything for me, so that's why I had a hard time being taken care of- I was up cooking on my second day! Mind you, my mom and boyfriend were both almost yelling at me to relax haha oh well. Not gonna lie, I am starting to "feel" the extra weight on my chest. Ladies- try to build up those back muscles and abs before your surgery. Your gonna need it!

Here's a pic of me yesterday.. Did some light walking.

3 weeks post-op

Just thought I'd post a quick update- today was the first day I saw my incisions! I've had steri-strips on them for the past 3 weeks. I decided to go with the Embrace dressings because I want to minimize the scarring as much as possible. Having a darker complexion, and a history of getting terrible keloids (you can see them on my chest in my past pics.. Those are just from small dermal piercings) so I figured I'd have huge scars under my breasts. But to my surprise you can barely see my incisions at all!! Dr. Fan did such an amazing job- I can't thank him enough!

2 & a half months post-op

Here's some updated pics! The girls have d&f'ed a little bit, but I know they're gonna continue to drop and fluff for the next few months. I love the size- I'm so happy I took forever to choose haha! They're perfect :) not too big, not too small!

Update! Almost 1 year!

Hi ladies! So I never update this thing, but I thought I'd add some updated pics. Everything is going well, but sometimes I feel like I went too big! I mean I only have 465cc but sometimes they just stick out too much. Also, my right breast has a little lateral displacement- not sure if my natural pocket is like that or if the weight of my implants made the pocket open up a little bit. Anyway, I'm thinking about possibly going smaller to about a 385cc textured round moderate profile? And maybe some internal sutures to adjust my pockets. Maybe I feel like they're too big just because my boyfriend says they're too big? Haha yes really, he says they're too big! Pshh.. Whatever! :)
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

I have the exact same size, 465cc Sientra, smooth round, HP, over the muscle. They don't seem too big but I was flat.
I just found your review, this is the exact same implant and size my PS recommends for me! How are you feeling with it now, have they settled and natural looking? Your last pics look amazing, any updated pics so I can compare what they look like once all swelling is gone?
Hi sexymama82 ! They've definitely settled and are naturally shaped if that's what you mean- as in they slope like a natural breast would. The projection can be a little much sometimes but in clothes you can barely tell I had a breast augmentation. Overall they look good and I'm happy with them tho!
Thank you for the updated pics! I'm so glad you are happy with them, I think they look amazing on your body and fit you well. In my opinion, if you were happy with them before you knew your boyfriend isn't pleased with them too bad for him! It is your body and his opinion shouldn't count, although I know that is tough to do in a committed relationship. If you are happy, he just needs to learn to accept this is the new you and love you as you are! Have a great 4th of July weekend!!!
Same with supermom2013 I'd love to see how you are doing now! Our stats are very similar! Love your look! Congrats girlie
How do you girls look now? No pictures?
feelinglik we were similar before BA?... yours are looking great
Thank you Missyrose!
You started very high up, like I did. Looks like yours are moving down though. I am switching to the sientra brand. How do you like them? I have saline now
Sientras are amazing! I thought they'd be kinda firm, but they're so soft & feel like natural breast tissue!
Hey great result! Did you have to lower you crease I'm kinda nervous because my Dr. says my "areola to breast fold distance" is short and my nipples will point down lol ( he DID show me an example of this happening to someone with the same thing as me.
so nice to see a SF plastic surgeon on here. im from SF and don't know who to choose. you look great!
They look great..I'm going with Hp too
I Just got 460 HP and just curious to how your girls are doing now! Can we get another update? How long til they D&F for you?
Hi kdoll! Mine are doing great! I'm a little over 2 months post-op and they've d&f a lot, but I know they're gonna continue to settle over the next few months. I'll post some pics soon! They've shrunk a lot, which is fine with me because they were pretty big at first. With regular clothes on no one can tell I got a breast aug tho! I got measured at VS (which I don't recommend- go to nordstrom or a lingerie store) and I'm a 34DD.. I'm pretty sure I'm just a 36D- supposedly 36 bras fit better when it comes to augmented breasts- who knows! I was betting I was a 36C (which I still think I am in bras other than VS) but we'll see! How are yours doing? Did u go with silicone or saline?
Hey..I'm 2 weeks post op and doing great. I went with saline. I'm measuring a 32DDD at VS and a 32 DD at dillards. We don't have a nordstroms here unfortunately. But I'm loving them!
Looking great! I hated sleeping on my back to made me all stiff. I didn't sleep on my side til after a week. Took time cus it felt weird. Idk about the body pillow..hopefully someone who's used it can give you an answer. I believe its a mental thing too & if your body has high pain tolerance. Glad your doing well :)
Thank you!! I know, it's getting so irritating and it's super hard to get comfortable. Might try the body pillow- I'll let you know if it works :)
How did he fit 465 cc in you???? I think I ll only be able to go with 350 cc:( oh and abs I m not good with lol!!! I hate working out my stomach!!!
I went back to work on day 5- wasn't too bad, just don't over do it! I definitely did today.. just moving around a lot. Now it hurts to even lift my arms :( but thanks about the outfit!! Yup they're still very high.. the tightness is getting better, but I'm definitely feeling the weight! I could go as big as 495cc HP silicone if I wanted because my BBW (breast base width) measurement is 13cm... as long as the implant width is within your natural breast width, you can most likely fit it in. If your chest is really narrow or your breasts are very close together, maybe not... but listen to your surgeon! Just ask to go bigger and see what he says :))) good luck with everything!! Your gonna love them!
I luv that last outfit pic!!! They are still high up right??
I plann on going to work on day 5!!! I m independent as well I m gonna start getting up and finding things to do around the house lol. I doubt my fiancé is gonna stay with me all day so I am on my own oh and I my son will be home so he ll help I know!!! He's 8 but such a caring child luv him!!

The grocery store post op day 2?! Take it easy and don't overdo it. Congratulations!

Congrats!