Love It! - San Francisco, CA

I am in my early 30's and was worried about...

I am in my early 30's and was worried about developing a line between my brows. I was a little nervous and had thought about trying Botox for years. A few friends and family members had it done and this perked my curiosity even more though I was very nervous about the price, results, and side effects. When my younger sister called to report that she had it done for the same problem area I was concerned with I thought "That's it. I am going to do this."

It was fast and easy with minimal discomfort. I think my own nerves were worse than the actual injections. I had 15 units put in the (strong!) muscles between my brows. I was told not to do any strenuous activity, lifting or bending over for at least 4 hours (24 hours recommended). I was also told that some results can be seen in 2 days but full results not for 2 weeks. I could not wait for those results! Indeed at the two day mark I noticed my brow looked smoother and the muscle there was less active. Two weeks later and I had exactly what I was hoping for. My face looks younger and finally I am not constantly stressed about the line and furrow developing between my brows. It has been over a month so far and my only regret is that I did not do this sooner.

I don't think Botox is something I would use all over my face as I like to have a range of expression and to look natural. I do think I will continue to use it for the small area between my brows and may try a little for the outer corners of my eyes at some point.

Glad to hear you have had such a positive experience with Botox! I can totally understand how your little sister saying she did it would push you to move forward with it.

Did you notice any of the flu like symptoms or headaches some people get afterwards?