Tummy Tuck + Lipo Contouring

After many years of yo-yo weight loss and gain,...

After many years of yo-yo weight loss and gain, combined with a pregnancy, left my abdomen in the shambles. I basically wanted a clean slate and despite the fact I was overweight at the time of surgery, there was no way these areas were ever going to bounce back. I was also experiencing lower back pain from the weight of my pannus, not to mention sciatic nerve problems that regular visits to the chiropractor were not relieving.

So I finally got the ball rolling and booked my TT and at advice of the Dr. I also got lipo in the flanks and back. Most Drs. won't touch girls like me cause we're not as close to our goal weight but Dr. C could tell that I am not a patient with unrealistic expectations, dreaming of a bikini body. I have one very large problem area I needed gone and he was willing to make it happen.

The first few days were terrible partially cause I have a sensitivity to pain medication getting nausea and headaches. Also, I was not prepared for the amount of mucus you have to cough up after being entubated for anesthesia. One cough brought me to tears.

The entire healing process has been pretty grueling but for the most part I am viewing it as "eye on the prize". I am glad the pannus is gone and even though I know I am not a finished product, I am still so happy to see it gone. Having gone through this is incentive to continue the work and work even harder to maintain and sculpt the shape I was left with.

Despite some rippling in the incision I am not going to jump on it, I am only 2 weeks post op and I know these things take time. It was major surgery after all and I am not going to get all crazy over it. Besides, a skin ripple is better than that gnarly flap of fat I had.

So far? Worth it. I chose the right doctor without a doubt. Between him and the pre-surgical care on my end, the results have been progressing nicely. I look forward to updating down the road.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Based on his extensive experience in the field, I always felt secure in his methods and procedures. He is a very respected physician in the field, with an eye for detail and esthetic. Not once did I ever feel like I was going to end up with a second rate work. He and his staff have been amazing throughout this entire process.

Looking great! Congrats!
I was so glad to read your post. This is almost exactly my situation. I am having my TT this Thursday. I am VERY nervous for the actual surgery. Would love to hear how you're doing now. You have to feel so much better with, what I call "the flap", gone! That is what I'm looking forward to.
Congrats! you look awesome for 2 wks. You have a realistic expectation and thats great. Good luck
Wonderful results! I bet your feel awesome!
You look amazing! Congrats to you. I have a consultation next week for my tummy tuck. I am super excited and I hope that my results will be as good as yours!!
Congratulations!I had my TT 1 week ago and was surfing the net looking for others who had TT'S and found this site and your story. I was encouraged by your photos and improvements. Great results! I hope you continue to heal well and I look forward to more post op photos!
Thank you! I definitely plan on posting more photos soon.
Looking good!
Did you get lipo on your back? F rom the after pictures the back looks smoothed out. This is basically the same type of results Im looking for. Thanks for sharing.
there was lipo on the back and flanks, yes.
thank you! I am pretty pleased thus far and the fact that it is only going to get better over the weeks to come is just awesome. after living with that mass for years despite exercise + diet and it not budging, anything is an improvement.
Nice!! And your tats look really good too ;-). What has surprised me the most so far--among the many other benefits--is that with the "apron" no longer in the way, I can really do my exercises so much more effectively. You have many more "pleased" moments ahead!
Hey thanks! that is really good to know! It was one of the many reasons why I wanted it gone, it really impaired my mobility and flexibility. Can't wait!
You look great now considering 10 days post-op and will look greater in a few months. Huge change :)