Day 20 pics

Had a full TT with MR and hernia repair on...

Had a full TT with MR and hernia repair on 12/24/12. I just went in for my first post-op appt today. I couldn't believe it when they took the garment off. I nearly cried. I started having kids when I was 18, so I have never had a "normal" belly as an adult. The pain hasn't been too bad. I'm walking around pretty well. Just trying to rest and stay up on my pain meds. Thank you for this site, it has been so helpful!

Ps- how do I add pics from my iPhone?

Ps- how do I add pics from my iPhone?

Okay, I'm going to try to add pictures.... ...

Okay, I'm going to try to add pictures.... Feeling great the last few days. I over did it a tad yesterday by going to the bank and grocery store, but no major harm done. My back is killing me from walking hunched over. I'm trying to come up with creative ways to walk, but I'm pretty sure I'm embarassing my husband. Whatever helps, right? I'm really focusing on a good mix of activity and rest because I have to be back at school full time on Jan. 7th, and clinical rotations on the 9th (nursing school). Other than the inconvenience of snapping and unsnapping the crotch of my compression garment when I have to potty, I have no major complaints so far. :)

Both drains out today (day 9). Just getting...

Both drains out today (day 9). Just getting redressed in the exam room I felt better not juggling those things. I totally get the excitement now. And there was really no pain. I can't believe how well I've done so far, considering I'm normally a huge wussy crybaby.

I bought a couple new shapers/compression panties...

I bought a couple new shapers/compression panties yesterday. I've been wearing the one they put on me after surgery up till now. It felt fine, except it has zippers down both sides that kind of dig into my hip bones. So the one I'm wearing today feels so much better. I actually have more support up the center of my abdomen. It's "Miraclesuit extra firm high-waist brief." I feel like I'm not holding my breath so much when I walk around (I have a bad habit of holding my breath to avoid potential discomfort). Beside that, I've started to have this sharp nerve pain near my right hip, worse at night, so probably because of the late day swelling. Everything else is peachy keen. Soaking up my last two days of vacay. I will post new pics this weekend, as the swelling is better each day.

I went back to school Monday, but the first two...

I went back to school Monday, but the first two days were just in the classroom. Last night I did 5 hours of actual work taking care of patients and walking constantly. My abs were very tight when I got home. I took half a Valium, which I haven't had to take since the first couple days. I'm still laying in bed this morning. I can feel a lot of tightness still. The swelling isn't any worse than usual though. I'm back to it tonight, but then not again till next Wednesday, and then we have semester break. I didn't have to use my prepared "I hurt my back," so I can use that tonight if I have to.

Everything else is great. I could not be happier with how my recovery is progressing. I'm finally bandage-free. My husband says from the front it looks like they sawed my in half. Good things he likes that kind of sick stuff. He has laid in bed the last couple nights running his hand over my belly. And he didn't want me to have this surgery because he was happy with how I looked before. But I think he's beginning to like the new smoother me :)

Okay, 20 days out... Doing great. The pictures...

Okay, 20 days out... Doing great. The pictures were taken this morning. I have a swollen pooch above my incision by the end of the day, like most of you have shared. I'm starting to get the "spitting stitches" thing. Nothing has opened up, just that I can feel and see some clear little stitches in a couple spots. I just trim them close to the skin. My ps told me to massage my belly button every day in a circular motion so it doesn't close up. The only thing he said to use on my scar is Maderma. My c-section scars had faded to nearly nothing, so I'm not very concerned about the scar.

I was expecting my period to be a bit late, because it usually is when I have any kind of stress, but it came right on time. So when that bother is gone, I can get down to business with my husband. He is really enjoying the results now. He wasn't expecting my waist to get as defined as it has. He has always made me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world, but I can tell he likes the change. I'm happy about that because I was worried he wouldn't really notice.

Guess that's it. Summer can't come soon enough, as I'm sure all of you agree :)

Hi there just wondering who did your surgery and how your scar was fading :-) ?
Awesome!!!
wowwieee, girl, you look hot, hot, hot and ready for summer!!! love your hour glass shape. and the fact that you have had such a smooth recovery makes it even better. i am beyond grateful for my recovery also... now if we could just fast forward to june... sand, surf and sexy tummies!!

Your tummy looks amazing!!

You look awesome! so skinny and i'm jealous u have no vertical scar :) how is first week back at nursing school? i go back on 1/14 and clinical rotations on 1/17 ( 2-10:30 pm - labor/delivery floor). wondering about standing for so long and swelling!
Tonight is my first night back to clinicals, so I'll update tomorrow morning. I'm worried about it. We're only on the floor from 3-8:30, but it's a SNF, so I'm afraid of how I'm going to get out of lifting and turning patients. I told one of my classmates who I trust about the surgery, so hopefully she can help me out if needed.
You look great! Nice low scar!! :)
You look fantastic!!
Gorgeous! You don't have any swelling as well. Jealous!!!
There's less swelling in these pics because it was first thing in the morning. I'm pretty puffy throughout the day. But it's getting better.
You look amazing!!!!! Hope mine is as well!!!!
Wow, I LOVE your results. You look great. Hope the rest of your recovery goes well.
No drain club! SUCH a relief! Congrats....looks awesome!
You look amazing!! CONGRATS!!
Whoo-hoo!
Congrats! You look amazing!
Looking good! :)
After walking around the house in my binder, boy shorts, cami and socks, which is a seriously sexy look, the fact that I'm shuffling like an old women is the last thing that would embarrass my hubby. I go back to work on Wednesday, we'll see how badly I swell.
Good luck at work. Update how it goes. I'm back to school next Monday.
You look fab!
congrats on your TT and a good recovery!! you look great and will be ready to go on the 7th... i hope i am too since that is the day i go back to work. might be working from home a few hours a day to ease back into life. keep us posted!
Here's irony for you... I had just finished typing that update and then I sneezed... Now I want to curl up and die! I'll be sure to hold in my sneezes for a while!

I am happy to hear you are doing so well!   And just know that things will get better and better each day.  Keep us up to date and do post those before and after pictures.