Performed Deep Fx First then Active Fx 4 Weeks Later, Worth It!

Halfway through my procedure, 2 weeks post Deep Fx...

Halfway through my procedure, 2 weeks post Deep Fx. This is probably the best technology so far for the results. Had cystic acne and sun damage, 47yrs old. The results are much better than I expected.

I am a realist with these procedures. The first week looked a bit frightening with all the "burn/red" marks, but at 2 weeks only a slight pink all over and a noticeable change >50%. And this is just after Deep Fx (more collagen remodeling than surface). Looking forward to doing the surface with Active Fx. The result can only be more satisfying.

My doc is extremely aggressive and goes at some of the highest settings. She says so that you get your monies worth and the improvement. Most importantly she does several of these a day and has for 2 years at least. Skilled hands equal amazing results. Be prepared for one week of looking horrible and then amazing results appear over the next week or so and improve for 6 months. I saw the results of a friend that went to this doc and I was amazed. Very satisfied and only halfway through.

Updated Dec. 23 2009

I posted earlier after having Deep Fx performed. Price is for both procedures. I waited 4 weeks before doing Active Fx afterwards. I am finding that people who are satisfied vs unsatisfied has to do with expectations and the skill and aggressiveness of the doctor. I was willing to pay at the high side of the scale to have the doctor I wanted for the best results. I have very light skin, easily sunburned, so my doc could use very high settings for both treatments. I compared the settings used to that of the manufacturer's protocol and found that for both treatments my doc went at very high to highest settings. This may have been possible by splitting the treatments. Deep Fx recovery was 9 days for back to work but fairly red with marks on the face. Active Fx just 5 days out now and heals much faster. Peeled and in the final healing stages. I am impressed with the results. Much better than expected. For best results Botox beforehand let's healing occur without wrinkling the new collagen or skin.

You have to choose a very experienced doc. Told me the complication rate and what to expect. Very knowledgeable about skin types and appropriate laser settings. People who say they got poor results did not get the right doc or where not good candidates for this. Honest doc gives appropriate recommendations. They will not treat everyone if you are not a candidate.

I am 3 months out and I see definate improvement in skin tone and fewer lines. Especially where I had started to get really loose skin. But I think a touch up would really help to bring it all in just a little more. I'm 57 and I don't want to look stretched I just want to look fresh and healthy. I still have a bit of pink , I can tell because my neck is a normal color but I am prone to redness so guess that's why.
In San Diego area I used La Jolla Laser clinic. But having done further research, Dr Ross at scripps clinic in carmel valley has perfected the technique and if I were to do another treatment, I'd use him. He charges $2500 for both active and deepfx at the time which i total fx. He has worked with the manufacturer and developed the techniques. He is probably the person to go to for the best results and at a real hospital. His pricing is reasonable. Search his name and you can find his discussions on these lasers along with a few other dr's in so cal.
Who was your provider?
I used Dr. Ken Lee at OHSU in Portland, Oregon.
Great comments!! Thank you so much. I am 4 days post Total FX and was wondering how long the burn/red marks would last. And your comments that it was 9 days still red with some marks was a relief knowing that my healing is normal. I see my doctor again in 3 days so I will have his take on my healing too. So far so good. My doctor is fantastic and knows what he is doing so I am not worried at all, but it's hard for me not to look in the mirror and think hummm...ok I'm ready to be done with this part. I bet you are loving you results, I know I will love mine too.
At day 9 things really start improving. Some redness lingers but fades over time. The longer your downtime the better the results. Stay out of any sunlight for a month and keep your skin moist until it peels. Hope your results are great. I see that you can repeat the procedure after several months if desired. To help with the redness and sun protection I use eltamd UV 46 with niacinamide, just a bit white so it dulls the redness and is suppose to be good for your skin. Good Luck.