Four Years Post Op....still Happy - La Jolla, CA

I always am frustrated when people post reviews...

I always am frustrated when people post reviews just days after their surgery and then never follow up...after all, things can REALLY change a year or two down the road. It's four years since my upper eyelid surgery for my inherited droopy eyes (they looked good on Dad, but not on me)!

I've sometimes been skeptical about the results, because I do still have a scar along the crease of both eyes, which I attribute to the doctor leaving the stitches in a day or two too long. Had I written the review immediately after, I probably would have been a bit negative for that reason. I suppose if someone is watching me sleep, they might notice the scars. Otherwise, they are unnoticeable, and my eyes look so much better then they did before.

I'd definately do it again. My doctor was going for an understated change, which I was disappointed in at first, but after seeing so many of my friends who have had the same surgery, where the doctor took out too much skin, leaving them with a hollow, surprised look, I'm so happy my doc decided to go "natural". I guess one of the best things I can say is that I met my boyfriend about a month after my surgery.

It's four years later, and I've never told him what I did...so I guess that speaks volumes about the fact that it's natural looking. I must've taken 4 dozen photos, and now I can't find them....will try to see where I put them, and post!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Doctor did a good job with the surgery. No real bedside manner, but that's not why I go to a particular doctor. Aside from a couple of post-op visits, there's never been any follow up. Maybe that's because I didn't really have any problems, other than the slight scarring.

Do you have any pictures of your progression? Dr information?

Thanks for sharing a long-term perspective! You're right that it's easy to be happy, wander off, and forget to update your review. :) I'm glad you're doing well 4 years post-op. Thanks for posting.