I Finally Did It!!! So Worth It - San Diego, CA

I'm a 51 year old registered nurse and mother of...

I'm a 51 year old registered nurse and mother of two children. For years I've wanted to have a tummy tuck but over the last year I decided to get serious about it.
My first and most important decision was choosing a reputable physician. After some research I came upon Dr.Pousti. I am truly blessed to have found such a wonderfully skilled plastic surgeon. His whole team has made this experience the best it could possibly be.
My consultation was on 9.30.13. I already knew what I wanted, had discussed this with my family physician and had a physical...so I was all set to go. Dr.Pousti listened attentively and went over very thoroughly what to expect, risks, recovery time etc. He encouraged me to call some of his other patients to talk about their experience.
I spoke at length with his office staff, Vanessa and Daisy who went over post op instructions. I then set a surgery date. I could hardly contain my excitement.
My date for surgery was 10.14.13. Prior to that date Dr.Pousti, Daisy and Vanessa all called me to see if I had any questions and to reassure me that they were going to take good care of me. I felt so reassured and special. The day before surgery the surgery center called and talked about what to expect.
The day arrived and I was so thrilled. My experience at the surgery center was terrific. Kate, Elaine and the anesthesiologist made me feel so comfortable. I went home about two hours after surgery. My pain was well controlled...loved the pain pump!!! My caregiver (my 22 y/o daughter) received instruction on how to care for me, empty the drains and any "red flags" to watch out for. All I had to do was relax.
I received a follow up call from Daisy every single day.
Today 10/21/13 was my first post op office visit. I got the first look at the new me...I have a waist!! This has been a life changing experience. I don't have words to express my gratitude to Dr.Pousti and his whole team. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
If you want to know who are the best physicians, ask a nurse.
Dr.Pousti impressed me so much he will be doing a procedure on my daughter too.

Pre op pictures...will post after pics on Monday when dressings are off

As you can see I'm a "curvy" lady. These are my pre surgery pics. 10 days post op and today has been my best day. Very little out of the drains. Hopefully they will come out on Monday. Still get daily calls from Dr Pousti's office...it really gives me a positive attitude hearing from them everyday.
Going to post my first post op pics on Monday. Thx ladies for all your support. This forum is awesome

3 weeks post op

Feeling well. Very happy with result. Still a little bruising and swelling.

3 months post op

Went for my 3 month post op visit yesterday. Thrilled with results. Just keeps getting better and better

8 months later

Just keeps getting better and better. Incision is barely visible
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Caring, meticulous,truly gifted

u look AMAZING....finally booked mine for July 3.....
You look fabulous!
Looking good!!!
You look wonderful
Congrats, you look great!
Good for you. I would love to see pictures!!!! Congratulations!!! wishing you well!

Welcome to the community and thank you so much for sharing with us.

Keep up the great work with recovery and please post your before and after pictures. Would love to see them.

Welcome to the flat side!!!
Congrats!!!