Dijon's makeover: TT, lipo thighs/flanks and breast lift/enlargement

I am scheduled for a Tummy Tuck, Breast...

I am scheduled for a Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift/Enlargement, Lipo of flanks and upper thighs. I've done tons of research and picked Dr. Breister Ghosh. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about her. OF course, I'm very nervous about going into surgery. I've only had my tonsils removed when I was 5. LOL.

Successful stories?

I'm looking for anyone who she has worked her magic on! Would love to read your story. Thanks!
You sound like me! I had my two babies and prior to that had only ever had 2 wisdom teeth out. My nurse Lindsey was amazing when explaining the meds, the procedure & risks. My Dr. was the same. If your heart is set on this change, I can tell you at PO Day 5. It's worth it. I've not hit any of the lows I've read from other ladies, I'm sure they happen, my experience has just been so positive from start to finish. I committed myself to that mindset regardless of any set backs that I may incur. Recovery is a process -- that can go forwards & backwards, you just gotta stick with it. Good Luck to you! Lots of good reading and support here.
Thanks Jen4956! My heart is set on it. I'm obsessed with reading everyone's stories. Everyone is so different yet very similar.

About me....

I'm married, with no children, 43 yrs old (will be 44 in Oct when my surgery is scheduled), I'm 5'7 and 144 lbs (+/- on any given day). LOL

I've always had a belly pouch! My mom used to have me do sit ups and run around the house to try and get rid of it. Sure, it would get smaller, but still a pouch no matter what. I've always worked out at the gym and/or had personal trainers. Recently, in the last 2 years, I've been doing Cross Fit and took up running. I've run one full Marathon and three Half Marathons and various 5k's, 10k's and 15k's.

I've wanted a TT for a long time. I've also always wanted bigger breast. My husband finally agreed and I set out looking for a PS. I found a great one and booked my surgery on OCT 16 2013, 7:30am!

Wow, 3 months away. Seems like so long down the road, and yet it's all I think about! I have lots to keep me busy between now and then. I have one more Half Marathon on Aug 18 2013. Then my husband and I are going to Hawaii in Septemeber. Then, before I know it, it will be Show time! :-)

I'm in love with the site and all the wonderful women who are sharing their stories. It's such a blessing to have this and all the support.

I'll update with before pics when I take them. Not in a hurry to show my pouch to the world..but I will.

Looking forward to all the advise and words of wisdom you all have to share with me.

Thank you!
You are going to look amazing when everything is done and the swelling subsides. I would just advise you to be prepared for a bit of a shock with post op exercise abilities. I'm not trying to be negative at all. I just thought to myself, "I'm in great shape. I run and I do heavy lifting. I'm going to come out of this like a champ." I ran a half marathon in April in 2:10. In June it took me an hour to cover 2 miles post op on the treadmill. The other thing that I wish I had heard a lot before my surgery was that "smaller" girls don't see the same immediate and crazy results that the "larger" girls see right away. I have not dropped a size or 2 or lost weight in my post op period, but I was at my goal weight (within 5 pounds) at the time of my surgery. I honestly only had loose skin to remove. There was no fat. I weigh the same as I did on my surgery day and wear clothing 2 sizes bigger (on the bottom) than pre op right now. I also got 2 pounds worth of boobage. Again, I'm not trying to be negative. I just wanted to see these awesome results like everyone else and for me it will take a bit longer. I am so jealous that you are getting to do cross fit. I can't wait until I am cleared to lift again. You are also doing your surgery at the exact right time of the year in my opinion. I would have timed it for your exact time if I could have. I think your experience will be great. Best of luck to you!

A couple before pics

I'm letting it all hang out in these pics!
I love your little dogs! So cute!
Thank you, my little babies! :)
Oh man! You're getting a whole makeover! I'm jealous! :) Don't be nervous. Hopefully you can get a good at least 2 weeks off of work, and when you do have to work just be ready to go straight to bed. The rest of us gals will happily keep you posted as we progress, but overall you will be SO happy! :)

Event countdown...

So tomorrow begins a series of events happening before my Oct 16th make over. Tomorrow is my Half Marathon. In a year's time, this will be my 4th and my last for awhile.

I'm so happy for RS and all you wonderful ladies. It's great knowing I'm not "alone" when going through my surgery. I've already knock a few things of my list of things to get before surgery.

I see you all with your flat tummies and beautiful boobs and I can't wait for my turn. I hope I look as good as you all!

Happy healing and God bless!!!! xoxo
Im not feeling too flat at the moment! Lol someone on here profile is called swell hell! And im feeling just like that! Lol but still happy!:-)

My bling

All my medals! I got the far two on the right yesterday one for completing a Half Marathon (13.1 miles) and the other for completing a series of 3 Half Marathons in a 8 month period. Triple crown. I'm a happy girl.
One more month are you getting excited? :-)
Omgosh yes! Very excited. Will do an update soon. Thanks for checking in with me! :-))
Your 2 pugs are sooo cute!! I used to run half marathons too. I think I've done about 4 of them as well as several 10K and 12Ks. I also did 2 tough mudder events but have switched to yoga about 3 years ago. I may decide to run as my primary exercise after this surgery and then slowly get back to yoga. I'm scared of pulling the muscles until they're healed completely (I think I'll wait 3 months before starting up yoga). Good luck to you and I'll be checking your posts!

4 weeks PRE-Op!

Hello ladies...4 weeks from today I'll be laying on a table split wide open...LOL! I feel pretty calm about it at the moment.

I've been pretty busy since my last update. Had my 44th birthday! Then went to Hawaii with my husband. Being busy sure makes the time go by superfast.

I've managed to fill all my weekends between now and surgery. Hopeing time continues to go by super fast.

I've got most supplies. Need to make trip to grocery store but that will be the day before my surgery.

My husband is super supportive and excited to see the new me (although he says I'm perfect just like I am...awee). My cousin will be here with me the week after surgery. And I have my hairstylist friend on stand by to come over and wash and style my hair for me! :-)

Here are a couple selfies of me in Hawaii. I don't own a "real" bikini. So this will do for now. I'll be sure to take after pics in the same outfit. I suppose I should start considering a "real" bikini for my future.

I love reading everyones updates and seeing how the progress. Sometimes it gets overwhelming with all the RS emails. So I don't always respond, but be sure I AM following you ladies! And I love what I see and read.

I'll update again in probably 2 weeks.

Peace and Love!
You are going to have amazing results!!!!! Best of luck
Almost there! The last couple of weeks fly by! You're going to look awesome!!
Counting down as we speak. :-). Good luck to you tomorrow.

2 Weeks from today

The real count down is on! Going to my pre-op tomorrow. I have everything I think I'll need except for last minute groceries. I still don't think It has hit me what I'm about to do. Not really nervous or anxious. I hope it stays that way!
Thinking of you! Had to come and see when your date is! Almost there!!!
Hi Tanyadre!!!! Thanks so much. Pre-op is today!
Ya!!! I can't wait until you're done :). So excited with you! (((((Hugs)))))

Pre-Op and Boobs.

Today's visit with PS was awesome! I took my husband with me so he would know what's going on. My PS graciously went through the entire procedure with him making sure he understood what was going to happen. I asked my few questions that I had and she answered everything to my satisfaction. She was very patient and spent a lot of time with us.

I also "tried on" implant sizes. It's so hard to pick a size. I have natural boob of my own. So when she does the lift, I will still have some boob but I want added volume. I'm also considering that I still wAnt to run, do Crossfit, and stay active without my boobs being in the way. She said she was thinking 350cc. I tried on a 420cc and was happy. And I tried on 450cc and it seemed huge. She of course said she would see what will fit best in me once she's in there. And she assured me I will have plenty of fullness. What do you ladies think?

The only bad thing about the appointment was that I had to stand completely naked in front of my husband is a bright room with bright lights! Usually I only do that in a room with dim lights! I really started sweating when she was grabbing and pulling my jelly roll stomach and showing him how she was going to pull this down and that up and on and on. Sure glad he loves me!
Lol, bless your heart!! I had mine step out for that part :) couldn't go there with him. He got to help me pick sizes but the grabbing pulling and poking- he got to miss. Lol. I think you will love the 420! Mine are big, but with my high impact sports bra I can do anything with out any wiggle or jiggle :) exciting!!!!
Yes I'm thinking 420 will be the magic number. I haven't had nightmares until last night. I wonder if it's because I went to the pre-op? I hope I don't have anymore. And as soon as I opened my eyes this morning my first thoughts were "how many days left now." :-).
Just checking in on you! Hope everything went smoothly at your preop. Less than two weeks to go woo Hoo!

Nightmares

I've read on here that some experience nightmares before their surgeries. I had not experienced any until last night! I wonder if it was because I had my pre-op yesterday and everything is fresh in my mind. I hope I can clear my mind and not have anymore of those!
Yay! We will be having surgery at the same time. I'm very excited to see your results. It already looks like you've been taking great care of yourself. You have great skin too! I've always wanted to run and have started C25K at times and then stop because of back/hip pain. Maybe after I'm healed I'll give it a go again.
You will look great when you are done. My PS switched the profile and implant size once he went in. I'm not sure why, but I know he was clear on the look I wanted and tried to make sure I got it.
You will do great!!! It is normal to get the butterflies! Keep us posted!!!

One more week

A week from today I'll be getting prepped at the surgery center. I did a drive by yesterday to make sure I knew where it was. I feel so luck it's only about 10 minutes from my house. My hubby is getting excited too (about the boobs). Haha.

I'm starting to think "what am I doing to myself". Yikes. Nervousness is setting in.

Love this photo though. So true for the next few months. :-)).
Cute Puggies ! Wow..you are just around the corner...I am following you closely ...I have mine in 14 days...so it is nice to be able to follow you, and have you ahead of me and to learn from a Pro! Are you following the Vitamedica protocol? Thanks! :0)
I'm following you too!!! You're going to have great results. No I'm not on Vitamedia. Just Vit C, Vit B6, Zinc, and Arnica. Today I have to start my antibiotic. I'm going to enjoy my last day with a poochy tummy and not so perky breast. Tomorrow I'm a new person! Yeah!!
Wow ! Just looked at your pics and profile ! YOU are going to look AMAZING , you already have a really cute figure to start with but with this WOW ! I had a lift and reduction 6 years ago , and just had my TT 3 weeks ago , I wish I would have done both at the same time .

PreOp Day

Today is my last day with a poochy belly and not so perky breast. I feel like I should have a ceremony to say goodbye to them. They have been a part of my life for 44 years after all. My husband was rubbing my tummy last night and said I love your belly. And I said oh hush up. If you love this then you're gonna be ecstatic over my new one. We both laughed. He's so great!!! He'll be my nurse the next 3 days. I'm worry my little doggies won't understand why they can't be in the room with me for a few days. I don't want to chance them pouncing on me. Well I have lots to do today. Last minute cleaning and then off to work. I'm so blessed by God. Thank you ladies for all of your help. I wish I could give a shout out to each one of you but you all are wonderful!
We are all anticipating your arrival to the flat side!  Congrats!  We know today you will be kinda out of it, hopefully, anyway.  Rest and when you have to get up, do it real real sloooooooooooow!
Best of luck today! Can't wait to see your results!
Best of luck today!!!

And cut...!

Ha. Little surgery humor. I'm at home resting. Will update more tomorrow. My husband is so amazing. Making sure I'm comfy as possible. Thanks for the well wishes today. I felt all of them.
Glad surgery went well!!!! :-)
Congrats!!! Yay!!!! Get some rest, you've been thru a lot....Peeeeeeing never felt so great huh?!-lol!!! Sounds like Hubby is doing a fantastic job-does he have a "little nurses outfit"--Halloween is soon-lol!!! I surprised myself yesterday...doing some "nesting stuff"--making extra food for the freezer!
Hey girl, I'm so happy for you that everything went well! You are going to be so happy that you did this! Take it easy and let your people take care of you! Its hard to do but they love you and I'm sure they don't mind! Congratulations, you've officially joined the flat side!! :)

Fianally pooed

Yay last. Nuight. Wow hard it type when drugged up. Lol. Doing ok. Just trying to stay comfortable. Will post more later.
Glad ur doing ok! Continue to rest and take it easy.

Boo pic

Took these yesterday at first foloow up. Not sure what's going on with RS I haven't gotten any updates from anyone. Wired.

Boob pics

Boobs are looking good.  Did ps do a vertical incision?  Hard to tell in photos.  I hope you are feeling better.  Looking forward to your pics!
Looking great! Happy healing and make sure to take all your vitamins. Especially vit c for immune system. :)
Wow you look amazing! welcome to the flat side! Your breasts look great did you have a lift and implant? Hows your tummy feeling?

PreOp #2 today

So ladies, my PS said I was healing very well. She took out my left drain(right one still in). She said everything looks good and I can switch to Motrin for pain as needed. I go back again on Thursday. She changed the stitching dressing and said I'm good to go for showering. I have to admit I'm nervousness about showering. Big breath, I can do it! All in all I feel good. A little tight and sore but all what I expected. I had my cousin snap so pics of me as I was laying on the table today. I'll post them now. I think my right breast looks bigger. But it was always the bigger one. I have to remember there is still a lot of settling to be done. Happy healing sisters!!
You look really great! I'm so glad you're doing well.
Thanks Jelly!!
You look fantastic! Yippee!

Two of my helpers

They are so cute! Waiting to help their mommy. Haha!
Dijon how are you doing, I hope great . You look good.
Looking awesome, Dijon! Happy healing to you!
Awesome results!  Really amazing!

Two week update

Hello ladies. This past Wednesday was 2 weeks post op for me. I went to my PS today ad she removed the last drain. However she feels that she will probably have to use a needle to pull out some fluid on Monday. But the drain needed to come out today. It was looking very angry and was starting to ooze.

All in all my PS says I'm a fast healer. Everything looks like it should look. Not much pain. Just uncomfortable every now and then.

I start back to work this coming Tuesday (part-time). I hope my energy holds up. Just driving my self to the doctor today and back home made me a little tired. Of course I didn't sleep too good last night due to the drain site hurting.

Here are a few pics to update you. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks for the support and I pray all of you are well.
Looks great ! Love the belly button ! Glad to hear you are healing so well . I am always anxious to get another week behind me . Hope at 3 weeks we are feeling even better !
Thank you. I love the bb too. You're doing amazing too. But I'm with you, can't wait to get these weeks behind me!
Wow...looking great...I see a little waist developing....how exciting!!! Love it!!!

Seroma

Yes, I have one and had it drained today. She had to do it twice. Not sure how much she drained but she said she will probably have to do it again this Friday.

I have also noticed over the weekend my right breast has swelled up. I brought it to her attention. She said to watch it this week. Could just be swelling but hoping it's not fluid build up. She said she doesn't want to have to stick a needle in there because of the implant. Well, yeah! No kidding. Anyone experience this?
Looking gorgeous!! So how many times did your pug butts jump on your belly? Lol My Bella knew better but my Beau made a habit of it! Haha but I guess I wouldn't have it any other way lol
Thank you!  Funny I thought the same thing about your pugs when I read your update yesterday.  My Zoe was good about not jumping on me. But my Emma is a mama's girl and she wanted on me bad!  I had to watch her every minute. :-).
Looking good!

Swelling?

Omg, I just worked 4 hours on my feet and came home to see a pooch in my lower belly! PLEASE tell me this will go away with time!

I know it's only been 23 days since surgery, but I haven't seen a flat tummy on me since day 2!
hi Dijon: I'm four months po today, and I still have swelling sometimes after long days or workouts. It's a bummer, but it goes away, and when I look back at my week 2-3 pics, the swelling of today is really nothing comparatively. Still, it's definitely there, but it's diminishing in both frequency and size over the weeks. I didn't see a flat tummy really until week 5 or so. Hang in there; it gets better over the weeks. You're still pretty early in the recover process, and it all settles down eventually. And you're looking great--flat and natural. Hope you're doing ok and good luck with the seroma. I hope it gets absorbed soon.
Hey you're looking great. I am almost 5 months post op and I still have minor swelling after long days. So give it some time...I didn't start to feel back to my fully energized normal self until months post op.
*4 (months post op).... I left the number out there sorry lol

4 weeks

Yesterday wad my 4 week anniversary! Lol. :-). I have to say the swelling is as bad as everyone says. Especially at the end of the day. One evening I felt like I didn't look like I had a TT at all! But I'm not going to let it get me too crazy. I KNOW it will get better.

I still have the seroma. I had it drained again on Monday. And I'm going back today for another draining. I think it looks smaller today. Well see when she drains how much comes out.

All in all my recovery has been pretty good. Not much pain at all. I have been feeling things come "back to life" with shooting pains here and there. But that is good.

I haven't seen my scar at all. My PS keeps it covered at all times with tape. Says she'll remove at 6 weeks. But it looks pretty dark under the tape.

My right breast is still bigger than the left. Not sure that will correct itself. Overall my breast are still swollen but I love them. Can't wait to play with new bras and clothes.

Her are a few selfies I took this morning since I felt flat. Although I think it should be flatter.

My uneven boob.

Looking good! I love your perky boobs too! I think it will even out! :)
You'll amazing .. How's your seroma doing? Do you have any pics of the drain scars?
Thank you!! The seroma drained 15cc today. That's half of what it drained on Monday. So that's good!!! No Pics of drain scars.

Comparison photos

I guess I can see a very slight difference. Can you?
Whistling at you lady! Hott Hott HOTT! Your surgeon did a great job!!!
Yay! Thanks so much Tanyadre! So pleased I did this! Can't wait to start working out again and playing with clothes!
Looking good. One breast could be dropping sooner than the other? Give it time , I think it will even out. They look great, congrats!

36 days and small pooch

Hi all! I went Thursday to get my seroma aspirated again (down to 8ccs...yay). Anyway, I still have this hard small pooch above my incision line. My tummy has not been flat there since surgery. My PS looks a little confused and said well it could take a couple months to go down. Said it needs to make a "connection" for the fluid to flow and the swelling to go down. She said to start massaging it gently everyday to help things along. So, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
Your doing great!! Sorry your dealing with the seroma issues:( The swelling can awful at times but it gets much better:) hugs,
You look great!!!! So glad the Serena is going down :) missing my friends! Work has consumed me lately! ((((Hugs))))
That hard small pooch will soften over time. Definitely massage along the incision with some bio oil or something like that. You probably have lots of swelling still...after 4 months post op it will change. At 5 I still get minor swelling.

Long overdue update

Today is 167 days post op (5 months and 17 days). Let’s see if anyone out there will remember me! Ha! Sorry for the long update below.

First, I’m healthy mentally and physically. I’ve recovered well and have returned to all pre surgery activities. I even trained for and ran a Half Marathon on February 23, 2014!

To refresh everyone, I had a breast lift and implants. I went from a 32DD to a 34DDD. There is a very slight issue with my right breast. The skin stretched a little too much and it sits a tiny bit lower than my left breast. It doesn’t bother me too much but I would like to get it corrected. I’m loving them and so is my husband!

I also had a tummy tuck and lipo on hips and inner thighs. I’m happy with the lipo, it didn’t make a huge difference but I can tell it was done. BUT, it’s the tummy tuck that I am disappointed in.

When I look at myself, I can see an improvement from the surgery, without a doubt. The reason I had the surgery was to get ride of a bulge that no matter what exercise I did or what I didn’t eat, it would not go away. Well, now I still have a bulge there, just a smaller one. LOL! I went into the surgery fully expecting a FLAT tummy as a result.

I’ve been patient and waited for the “swelling” to go down and for it to heal. Even my doctor seems a little perplexed as to why there is still a bulge.

I do swell for sure by the end of the day depending on what I’ve done that day and what I’ve eaten. But it’s always gone by the morning, but it’s never flat.

My doctor has suggested I get an Ultrasound to rule out scar tissue or fluid build up. I’ll get that done in the next week or so. If that all is clear, then she says it’s probably that the skin and the fat in the area have swelling within the tissue. She thinks my tissue in the abdomen is thick to begin with. Her next suggestion would be to lipo the tummy area.

We’ll have to wait and see how this plays out. But if I have to go back under for tummy lipo, I’ll get my breast corrected at the same time. And I may even consider doing lipo on my back.

I would welcome any comments….always love to hear what you think!

I hope everyone is well!!! (((HUGS)))

Photo Update

Here are a couple pics of my progress
I love your results! We are our own worst critic. So try not to be hard on yourself. Be patient because you look sexy!!
Hi Brianne, thank you so much. and yes I am the hardest on myself. I do appreciate your kind words. :-)
Your scar looks amazing! And congrats on the half marathon!!! I am over 7 months and still feel swelling at the end of the day. Please continue to keep us updated pretty lady! :)

To Lipo or not to lipo

Hi Ladies!!! Anyone still out there? :-)

Well, it's been 9 months since my tummy tuck and I still have a pooch in my belly! I had an ultrasound to rule out any scar tissue or fluid and I was clear. So, my next route is to lipo the tummy. I also need slight revisions on my breast. The skin has stretched some after the implants settled and they are a little droopy. So she will pick those up a little. And....since I would be going under for the tummy lipo, I want to have my back lipoed at the same time. I hate wearing fitted shirts because of my back fat rolls. But how else do I show off my new girls? LOL.

So, what do you think? I'll up load new pics, but really I look the same as the April update...no change. But here is pic of my back rolls.

Pic of back

More pics

You look fabulous!!!! You have a gorgeous shape...very fit. I had a tt and arm lift 10 days ago and have been reading different posts in search of others who had similar situations so I can reassure myself that "this too shall pass". I have my good and bad moments (and my goodness, talk about emotional roller coaster). Anyway, I came across your blog and wanted to tell you how great you look. You go, girl!
Thank you so much wmac! I just had lipo on my back and tummy a week ago. I'll update my page soon with pics. So a huge difference. I'll pop over to your place to see how you're doing.
U look great!

My tummy is finally flat!!!

Two weeks ago today, I underwent a Revised Bilateral Breast Lift and LIPO on my Tummy and Back. I feel amazing today. I'm so HAPPY to say that my tummy is FINALLY FLAT!!!!!

My PS revised my breat lift (Originally lifted and implants in Oct 2013) on both breast and they are sitting up nice and perky now.

She also did Lipo on my Tummy to get rid of the fat that did not go away from Tummy Tuck (originally performed in Oct 2013). And I had Lipo to my back for the first time.

I must say the experience and recovery is like night and day compared to my surgeries in Oct 2013. This to me was easy. Only dealing with some lingering soreness in my back, but that's to be expected. I'm massaging my tummy 3 times a day to keep lumps away and so far so good. I'll upload a couple pics that was taken a week ago.

Lipo pics

Doctor checkup 8/13/14

She said everything is healing great. Will see me again in 3 weeks.
Amazing results!!
wow! looking fabulous!! I didn't know you went in for "touch ups" :) I am thinking of getting back lipo too and also to my waist. Now that my tummy is flat, the fat on my back and waist is bothering me. Glad to hear the recovery was much easier this time around. How does the back skin feel? How long did it swell or stay numb?
THank you! Back is still swelled and numb. Only 2 weeks out. I suspect it should be better by week 4. the skin feels ok...nothing out of the ordinary.

Working out

I'm still wearing compression 24/7 and probably will until week 6. PS said I could start working out but to go very light and slow. So I did a 30 min walk today. My back did feel tingly and I had an uncomfortable burning feeling. Also the stitches are a tad bit itchy.
One word: WOW!!! You have an amazing shape and your tummy is SO flat!!! Congrats on your first walk. Doesn’t it feel amazing to get moving again? Yes! You really look wonderful!
Thank you !!! This was a long time coming and i'm so thankful! xoxo
Thanks Sunny!

Sleeping bra

I've been wearing this while sleeping and it's very comfy. You can get them at Target. They come in different colors and with or without padding.
You looked great before the lipo, but wow, I am thrilled to the recent results from your lipo. I look exactly like you from behind, and I am now thinking maybe tummy lipo is what I need to reduce the sag/overhang/bulge of my tummy. Lipo was included in my tt price package, but PS told me upfront he didn't think I'd need it because I was all skin. So, I had no lipo, but after all my swelling finally went down (I also had a seroma for several week) about the 4th month my tummy starting hanging/pouching too. I'll be seeing my ps for a 6th month checkup, so I can't wait to see what he says. How long were you under anesthesia for lipo?
I don't really remember how long I was under. I went under for back and tummy Lipo, and bilateral breast revisions. Maybe 3 hours...at the most! I'm really very satified now that I had the lipo. It made a huge difference physically and mentally. Thank you for stopping by! :-)
San Diego Plastic Surgeon