Trans-woman is Extremely Happy with Her Breast Augmentation Surgery Results - San Diego, CA

In August of 2012, I started to research breast...

In August of 2012, I started to research breast augmentation surgery. At the time I felt really tired of using various methods to "enhance" my chest. Padding and stuffing made me feel horrible and fake. After getting fed up with these feeling I made the decision to get breast implants.
I found Dr. Tom Pousti through realself.com after searching for transgender breast augmentation on the site. He had many favorable reviews and before and after pictures. Dr. Pousti's personal website also had a wealth of information that I found useful including information on transgender breast augmentation. He was the only doctor I could find that had examples of his previous surgeries on trans patients. As a transwoman I found it comforting that he had experience working with transgender patients .
In January of 2013, I had my consultation with Dr. Pousti The staff was pleasant and courteous. At the time I still had a legally male name, however the staff had no problems using my female chosen name. During the consultation I was shown a lot of different examples of the doctor's previous surgeries. The doctor also introduced me to three of his former breast augmentation patents. I found talking to these patents most helpful. It gave me a better idea of what to expect out of this surgery. In addition, the doctor spent a considerable amount of time talking to me about what he thought he would be able to accomplish with the surgery and answered any questions I had. All in all it was a pleasant and informative consultation. Dr. Pousti's enthusiasm, experience, intelligence, and genuine concern for his patents convinced me that he was the best choice for doing my surgery.
On June 3 I went in for my pre-op. I was traveling from Northern California so my pre-op appointment was the day before my surgery. A number of days before this appointment I started to get a little worried about the surgery. This was my first surgery so I didn't know what to expect going into the operating room. All I could think about was the complications that could happen. Dr. Pousti talked to me about my concerns and put my mind at ease.
The surgery went extremely well. Before the surgery I didn't really know the size of the implant the doctor was going to use. He asked in the pre-op if would be more disappointed with having the breasts too big or too small. I told him that I would obliviously be more disappointed with my breasts being too small. He was able to work his magic and somehow fit 650cc implants in my body. It felt great looking down at them after the surgery.
For the next few days after the surgery I was recovering in my hotel room waiting for my follow up appointment later that week. During this time I was having my mother taking care of me. I couldn't really use my arms so she had to help me with a lot of thing including getting in and out of bed. The pain on the second day after the surgery was the day I started to feel a lot of pain. It wasn't too bad but, it made it really hard for me to be comfortable. The doctor's office called me every day for the first week and a half to answer any questions and to see how I was doing. They were very helpful in providing me with ways to make my recovery more comfortable.
So far I have been extremely happy with the results of the surgery. The breasts Dr. P has given me, feel like the breasts I should have developed on my own. They feel like they have always been there. They just feel right. Dr. Pousti and his staff are professional and look out for the best interest of their patients. I would highly recommend Dr. Pousti for anyone thinking about having breast augmentation.

Congratulations! I'm happy to hear you like your results and feel as though your new breasts should have always been there. Sounds like you have a wonderful mom to help you during your recovery. Hoping you have lots of other supportive family and friends. Just curious, how tall are you? I bet the 650 cc's looks great on you. Keep us posted on your healing progress. Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!

im looking forward to seeing  your pics! glad you had a wonderful experience and most importantly enjoying your new breast!
I'm glad you had such a great experience with the BA! The PS you chose definitely post some of the best before & after results with great descriptions on the implants used! In fact, i used some of his before & after results for my "dream boobs". You should post some before & after pics! What size did you choose?

Just some before and after pictures.

I will add a more current picture later.
Wow, I'm surprised your surgeon was able to get 650cc in  the first time around! That's awesome, you look great! I should have choose to go real big when I had my 1st breast augumentation!
They look great so far!! I'm jealous,,now I want 650cc's
They look great! Of course it will take a little while for them to drop and fluff, but I think they are going to be gorgeous! Is your recovery going OK? I am behind you...4.5 weeks...but mine are so much softer and have dropped some, I feel really good about them. Are you doing OK?
San Diego Plastic Surgeon