Total FX in San Diego

Had Total FX on 12/22. Did it mostly for fine...

Had Total FX on 12/22. Did it mostly for fine lines and sun spots. The pros were: most of the sun spots are gone. Down time was only 5-6 days. Fine lines are sofented or just plain gone. Cons are: The pain was something I wasn't expecting. Did really well around my eyes, but anywhere near scars I had on my face, I thought I was going to go through the roof! I know what to expect and am planning on getting it done as soon as possible. I will include my neck and hands next time though.

The Nurse Practitioner who performed the procedure was very experienced and walked me through the entire procedure. I wanted to go somewhere that had a superior reputation. A place that doesn't need to advertise. If someone has to put an ad in the paper or on TV then think about why they are doing it. I recieved awesome follow-up and even at 4 weeks out am still getting calls to see how I am doing.

I am at day 6 myself and look about the same as you did at that point. My doctor used a lot more pain medication for the procedure (or I would not have done it), so I did not go through the misery you did. The thing is that at day 6 I can see that there is still a fair amount of swelling, though nothing like it was. I won't know how effective this procedure was at diminishing lines until the swelling is completely gone. I am looking forward hopefully at a good result.

Granted your pictures from before & day 6 are in pretty different light, but I can really see a difference!! Looks good!!

You mentioned the pain was something you weren't expecting. Did you mean it was painful just while you were having the procedure done, or the pain while you were healing up??

I agree about the lighting for the pictures. The before picture was taken in the car on the way to get it done. The pain only during the procedure was at times unbearable! After the procedure, the burning/pain subsided after about 3-4 hours.
I am pleased with fine lines and crepiness being gone. I looked in the mirror today and noticed a few little checkered marks from the laser still, but I love it!

Its great to hear that the burning & pain after wasn't all that severe. A lot of the laser treatments I read about, that isn't the case. Sound like this was a good choice for you!