Terrible Rhinoplasty Preformed by Dr. Brahme - San Diego, CA

Dr. Brahme's office staff was very friendly, but...

Dr. Brahme's office staff was very friendly, but friendly only gets you so far. I had a TERRIBLE rhinoplasty preformed in 2009 by Dr. Brahme and my nose is now asymmetrical, my entire bridge and tip are off center, there is still a bump in the bridge, and an abnormal crack in the bone. He left unwanted cartilage on one side of my nostril causing it to look terribly uneven! I would not recommend him to anyone that is looking to get a rhinoplasty! It has been almost 4 years and I have finally got the courage to scheduled my appointment for a revision rhinoplasty! I am not only in debt now, but my crooked, asymmetrical nose has left me depressed and very self conscience. Please do your research when choosing a doctor, its not all about the website, nor the front of the house staff, but the knowledge and experience your surgeon possess.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon

I found Dr. Brahme online after googling plastic surgeons in San Diego. I should have researched and went to more than one consultation. I ended up going to the first person I met with, which was Dr. Brahme and I totally regret it! Please do your research when choosing a doctor. Of course his staff was nice, but his abilities and knowledge are definitely unexceptional for a "plastic surgeon." Don't let the over friendly staff, the warm/welcoming atmosphere, or website fool you!

Can I ask the forum moderator why I don't see Sunny review about Dr. Brahme if I click on the Dr. Brahme's reviews?
I agree..Make sure that your surgeon is a face, eye, ear and nose doctor. Research research research and research some more. Follow the site and send personal emails to patients of the doctor who have had the same procedure.
I believe physicians can censor bad reviews on RS. Hi sunnyL, care to add photos to your review? It could help a lot of others who use this site.
Are you sure Elle1820? unbelievable! If this is true it would convert this forum in a totally unreliable and useless surgeon marketplace! All other forums have real negative and positive feedback so that market can benefit.
Hey alex, What I believe, and the mods will correct me if I'm wrong, is that under the PS's promotional page on RealSelf, they can filter bad reviews similar to Yelp. However these negative reviews are still on this website and can be found by doing a search of the PS's name. If you plug in the PS's name for a site wide search, reviews like sunnyL's will come up. HTH!

What Elle says is true to an extent. Their profile pages are like Linked In or Facebook pages wherein they have to manually add reviews (for now). Some will let all of them through, and some won't. All reviews do contribute to their star rating and can be found in the treatment communities.

Thanks both Angie and Elle. I do beleive that this network is very good managed and I appreciate Angiemcc effort and compassion for people but on the other hand I also beleive that people need to see how the avarage stars are calculated in one page review if they need to have a complete picture in one page. Of course Drs. can reply and moderator can balance any controversary.

Thank you so much for your input, alexskan! We are working to resolve all these issues.

Hi Sunny. Like you, I learned the hard way and will definitely go to a Rhinoplasty Specialist or a very good Facial Plastic surgeon for my revision. General plastic surgeons might be ok for breast augmentations, etc., but the nose is way to important and obvious. Good advice you gave regarding not to be fooled by their marketing. Best of luck to you and I hope you keep us updated.