So glad I did this- new photos 6 weeks post op

I found a lot of helpful info on this website as I...

I found a lot of helpful info on this website as I contemplated having lipo, so will add my experience so far. I'm 5'6", weigh 160, and age 56. Have a major muffin top, and even in younger days always had a big belly. As I've gotten older, that stubborn tummy fat just did not bulge. In the summer I tried Exilis, (just posted a review of that, waste of money) and really debated between lipo and tummy tuck. My daughter had a tummy tuck, very successful, but I didn't want major surgery. The fact that lipo was done under mild sedation in the doctor's office was the draw for me. My only concern is if I'll get the results I want. I had upper and lower abs, and flanks done.

The day of the procedure, I was given 2 valium and 2 percocet. (I did eat a light breakfast, but no coffee, I was so afraid I'd had to pee in the middle of the procedure!) The pills made me calm, but not dopey. The initial injections to numb me stung a little, not bad. During the procedure I felt pressure, but it really didn't hurt. Once or twice a twinge, but that's it. It seemed to take a long time, about 3 hours. The doctor and nurse were recording numbers for different sections, checking the temperature and measuring the fluid for the sections. At one point I heard 700, but I think at the end it was 1000cc removed. They also joke that just as much flows out on the floor, and I did see a mess down there.

I used my daughter's ab binder, the nurse helped me up, I was shaky all of the sudden. They put an absorbent pad under the binder, but It was leaking through before I got home. I had some pads to help absorb, but tough to get them tucked in right. I felt good leaving, the shaking stopped, I wasn't in pain. Slept that night in the recliner, on a towel, but the draining was going down the front, no problem.

The next day I already felt swollen, sore, but not too bad. The leaking stopped by noon that day. I did take pain pills that day, but after that I didn't need any. I was sore, but not enough to warrant the meds. The most uncomfortable part is the binder cutting into the pubic area where I am really swollen.

Showered, feel like I am smaller already, can that possible be?

Day 3 went shopping for spanx body suit that wouldn't cut in so much. It doesn't feel as tight though. And the straps cut in under the arms, only tried it for one day. Back to the ab binder and yoga pants. Yoga pants are my salvation.

Day 4 was Christmas with family. (I didn't tell them I was having it done) Wore my loosest pair of jeans. I sat down gingerly (due to the binder) but no one noticed.

I have 10 days off work for winter vacation, but I feel I could have gone back to work after just a few days. The hardest part is bending at the waist, not that the muscles hurt, but the binder cuts in horribly. I have had a hysterectomy, and this is nothing like that kind of stomach pain.

At one week check in with the doctor, I have gained 3 pounds. Nurse said that's normal, due to swelling, but I won't discount all the holiday goodies I've been eating. I check my measurements, not one bit different! I am surprised, because I feel a difference, definitely some shape at my waist. Guess I still have more swelling to wait out.

So that's up to date. The experience of the procedure, the pain, the recovery, has been better that I expected. Now if the results are as well, I'll be a happy camper! I do have some before pictures, I'll add as soon as I figure out how.

Day 17 - Definitely seeing a difference in the...

Day 17 - Definitely seeing a difference in the flatness of my stomach. Checked measurements today, two inches off the measurement at belly button, and two inches at widest part of abdomen.

So happy I did this! Six weeks post-op.

So happy I did this! Six weeks post-op.

Great overview, I am 6 days out before I have my arms done and 1 month away from having upper/lower abs, flanks, and bra roll done. Reading these posts helps me alot. I'm an addict for information no matter what it is, and then I draw my own conclusions. I think that your progress is going good. 4 inches total is great and you still are not done healing yet. That's awesome and gives me hope as well....... Good luck!
You sound like me! I like to get a lot of info before I dive into anything. I wish I'd taken more photos. I feel they are the best "proof" from the postings.
And I will try to post as many as I can before and during this process. I really appreciate the response. How are your results as of today?
It was just yesterday that I measured, but what I really notice is how much flatter my stomach is, and that is a real improvement. I tried on some new pants a couple of days ago, over the compression garment and could really see how much smoother it fit!
That is awesome! I can't wait, well I mean I can't wait for the end results. I wish I could skip over the linking, swelling, and pain, but I know that's all apart of the new me, or should I say "The New Normal", well good luck with everything it seems like you are on your way. How much sodium do you think you consume in a day? I'm so confused on how much because I don't want to be eating something that I think is healthy and yet full of sodium..... My biggest hurdle is going to be drinking water, I don't like it at all uuugghhh.....
I drink lots of water, always have, and really don't consume much sodium, so that wasn't an issue for me.
Help! Somehow my review has the "thumbs down" rating, that's not what I originally posted. How do I change this, don't want to discourage anyone.
Under your "account" hit the "review" and it will let you make changes :)
Thanks llturner!
I was smaller, but heavier right after my procedure. It will be close to 6 months before your swelling is gone... it takes a lot patience to see results! i am 5 months post op and I still swell from time to time. happy healing!
Bella, even though you swell from time to time, you still see good results overall?
yes, i am very happy with the outcome so far. my clothes look and feel better and i have gotten so many compliments on how good i look.
I just saw your photos, you are looking great, hoping for the same good results. Going to an aerobic/weight class today, day 20. How long before you hit the gym?
CONGRATS on ur procedure...hope u heal well...I would suggest buying a really good compression garment. I used Marena and they are awesome...lots of compression. I am wearing the Stage 2 and I love mine...I wear everyday 24/7 to still keep compressed...I am almost 15 wks and see doc on Monday. I am 75% happy that I lost my hug muffintop...but still very swollen in my profile pics...above belly button and higher...I will be explaining to to doc. I didnt expect a models figure or a 6 pack but was told it would be flat and I would be able to wear jeans with out a over HANG...just keep in mind...PATIENCE is the biggest part...its a longer journey that we all expected and noone tells u about that...feel free to read my blog...I am almost 47 and also higher upper/lower abs and flanks done. Take care and keep us posted.... :)
Thanks MuffinLESS, I'm hoping for the best in results!. The ab binder can be pulled real tight which is nice, but it does cut in. I got a spanx body suit, the the suspenders cut in across the armpits. I did order one from Marena, with suspenders. Feels good, and doesn't cut. Maybe feels too good,wondering if it's tight enough. According to the chart, with 36" waist, I am 2XL. I wonder if I could fit into an XL. Which style are you using?